Nolan's Best Film?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Eternal-Fighter wrote:I have yet to see it. :shh:
:shock:

Go see it. It's amazing.

Eternal-Fighter wrote:I have yet to see it. :shh:
:o

You NEED to watch The Prestige.

I have watched all Nolan films except Insomnia and The Prestige. :modesty:

I'll watch The Prestige soon.

prodical wrote:this is my favourite Nolan movie. It just feels the most "complete".

and imo has the strongest story of all his films.
+10000

My favorite movie also.

It's the only film that I can honestly say was completely perfect. :twothumbsup:

I have a weird relationship with this film.

I think it's Nolan's most flawless film, but I still like Inception and TDK better.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:I have a weird relationship with this film.

I think it's Nolan's most flawless film, but I still like Inception and TDK better.
It's kind of the same for me.
If I have to judge it as a film, it's surely great - probably Nolan's best work.
Overall, though, I liked it less than the Batman films and Inception, even if they're less "perfect".

The "sci-fi" turn the story took with the introduction of Tesla's machine was unexpected, but instead of surprising me in a good way, it sorta felt out of place to me, as if it belonged to a different story. I don't know. That kinda ruined my immersion.
I'll admit I've only watched it once, though, and since you all keep saying The Prestige gets much better on a second viewing, maybe I just need to watch it again.

I think it's the most flawless film of Nolan after Memento. and I like The Prestige more than Inception and The Dark Knight.£

It's the same with me. I think all in all, Prestige is his best. I think it's mainly the visual pop of Inception and TDK that makes them even more fun to watch.

Yeah,it is the most flawless of nolan films but it isn't as unique/entertaining/iconic as memento,inception,tdk