"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you"

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
That line is just pure epic. 8-)

talli wrote:what i dont get is how Ras says that Bruce left him for dead in the mountains...he saved his life...what the hell?
That line is suppose to reinforce the true corrupt nature of Ra's.... the old man said to Bruce " I will tell him you saved his life "
so Ra's couldn't deal with the fact that Bruce almost destroyed the LOS and yet sparing him is almost like adding insult to injury

or
Ra's could be talking about how he left the other Ra's al Ghul to die
"When art imitates life"

Viral114 wrote:
Lynn wrote:I've been thinking a lot about this part of the film, because I can't really figure it out.
How do you interpret the end of BB?
The whole film revolves around the themes of justice, revenge and compassion. Doesn't Batman's decision contradict his words about compassion being important? I mean, after all, he does leave Ducard to die.
Does he simply turn Ducard's philosophy against him, in a "You made your choice, now face the consequences" kind of way?
What do you think?
:think: as i recall batman did give Ra's a window of hope.. literally
he smashed open a window before his dramatic exit through the rear..

now that is justice :judge:
:thumbup:
"When art imitates life"

We just had a bit debate about this elsewhere.

But, not saving him is the same thing as murder, since his direct action (in this case lack of) resulted in the death of someone, especially because he's the one who has the train destroyed.

Make of that what you will.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:We just had a bit debate about this elsewhere.

But, not saving him is the same thing as murder, since his direct action (in this case lack of) resulted in the death of someone, especially because he's the one who has the train destroyed.

-Vader
Yup. All in all it was just a bad writing decision.

Similar sort of thing happens earlier in the movie when Bruce sort of kills a bunch of ninjas by setting their place on fire.

Chance... unbiased Un-prejudice... fair. :judge:

Batman existence has resulted in the deaths of a lot of people in gotham. Does that make him responsible...?

George wrote:
Vader182 wrote:We just had a bit debate about this elsewhere.

-Vader

Similar sort of thing happens earlier in the movie when Bruce sort of kills a bunch of ninjas by setting their place on fire.
Just because Batman bends or breaks his own rules doesn't make it bad writing

steveportee wrote:
George wrote:

Just because Batman bends or breaks his own rules doesn't make it bad writing
It makes him a hyprocrit, and I'm not sure how intentional that was on Nolan's part. At least in this specific sense.

-Vader

Z. Cobb wrote:Chance... unbiased Un-prejudice... fair. :judge:

Batman existence has resulted in the deaths of a lot of people in gotham. Does that make him responsible...?
Agree ;) He let destiny make its choice, it was almost certain Ra's wouldn't survive but it wasn't 100% sure so it wasn't like killing him.

Batcat wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:Chance... unbiased Un-prejudice... fair. :judge:

Agree ;) He let destiny make its choice, it was almost certain Ra's wouldn't survive but it wasn't 100% sure so it wasn't like killing him.

That is awful logic. That's like setting a house full of people on fire and saying you don't know they're going to die, so you're not really killing them.

-Vader