Language Spoken By Faux-Ra's

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
The BB script says that Ken Watanabe as Ra's was speaking Urdu, but can anyone confirm that? Or did Nolan have him speaking another language? I'm not familiar enough with Urdu to be able to recognize it. Also, I can't figure out how to get my subtitles to work on my Blu-ray to see if that would help answer my question.

Anyone?

I thought it was Mandarin. Unless I'm confusing it with this scene when Bruce is arrested by the Chinese police.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:I thought it was Mandarin. Unless I'm confusing it with this scene when Bruce is arrested by the Chinese police.
The script says Mandarin for the arrest scene, yes.

I read an interview with Ken Watanabe where he says it's just made up.

Perhaps Japanese?

I read it some where the language Rs's speaking has a Japanese inspiration but not 100% Japanese.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
August 13th, 2013, 1:52 pm
I thought it was Mandarin. Unless I'm confusing it with this scene when Bruce is arrested by the Chinese police.
Ra's Al Ghul in the comics is Middle-Eastern - the movie makes him a Chinese decoy.
Mandarin in the comics is Chinese - IM3 makes him a Middle-Eastern decoy.

Granted, Ken Watanabe's Ra's Al Ghul was still better than whatever the heck that thing in IM3 was supposed to be, since he at least had some fight with the main hero.