Why So Underapreciated?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
This movie is great!! Why does all the credit go to TDK?

Batman Begins gets it's credit. It's held in high regard by most fans on the site, has received strong reviews and has a very high rating of 89% here.

Eternalist wrote:Batman Begins gets it's credit. It's held in high regard by most fans on the site, has received strong reviews and has a very high rating of 89% here.
I know, I meant like the general public.

It came off of the franchise-killer Batman & Robin and wasn't marketed as well as it could have been. A lot of people didn't know that it wasn't in the same continuity as the past films. I know a lot of people who never saw it in theatres because of that (another Batman movie?!) but later saw it on DVD and kicked themselves for not seeing it in the theatre.

Eternalist wrote:It came off of the franchise-killer Batman & Robin and wasn't marketed as well as it could have been. A lot of people didn't know that it wasn't in the same continuity as the past films. I know a lot of people who never saw it in theatres because of that (another Batman movie?!) but later saw it on DVD and kicked themselves for not seeing it in the theatre.
Yeah, I dont remember alot of advertising.

I remember myself being incredibly skeptical about the movie. I scoffed at the Begins trailers and thought Chris Nolan was out of his mind. I am delighted to be proven as an idiot by him. :D

it has it's credit, I bloody love it. :D

Underapreciated? No way, not in my book. Batman Begins was the film that first presented me for Nolan, and Iv been hooked ever since. To me its one of his most important films. TDK is more well-known.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Underapreciated? No way, not in my book. Batman Begins was the film that first presented me for Nolan, and Iv been hooked ever since. To me its one of his most important films. TDK is more well-known.
That is what I meant. I was hooked on his movies ever since.

Batman Begins has a good amount of credit but The Dark Knight has its credit a little higher