I must be the only one who prefers this to TDK

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
MrG
I've been debating ever since TDK came out on which one was better. And it all came down to TDK taking the title after repeated back-to-back viewings.

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:The whole technology of "Sonar Vision", or whatever it was called, was just stupid in my opinion and only served to fill up holes in the plot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eh hello you must of missed the Microwave Emitter in BB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I absolutely hated Gordon's monologue at the very end; it was cheesy and only served to show that Nolan was too lazy to think of a better ending so he had to TELL us why Batman was forced to run. Why not let us think for ourselves?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gordon's monologue was amazing :shock:
I stopped reading the second I saw him say he only registered to write that... troll much?

Eh hello you must of missed the Microwave Emitter in BB.
Every time I bring up how much I hated the sonar technology in TDK, I always get this argument. It's understandable, but I think YOU'RE missing a key thing. Seeing as the narrative was much more engaging and dare I say, STRONGER, the Microwave Emitter was met with much more suspension of disbelief. In other words, because everything else about BB was so perfect and spot on, it made the Microwave Emitter seem believable, a formidable weapon in the hands of the brilliantly written Raz Al Ghoul. I LOVED it. The sonar technology, on the other hand, was half baked and used to fill up large gaps in the plot. I'm not gonna lie, It was really disappointing.
Gordon's monologue was amazing :shock:
Oh how I disagree. The cheesiness of his son running out and asking, "why is he running?" had me shaking my head from the start. Right when Gordon started (I loved Gordon's character in BB, for the record) I was completely underwhelmed by the entire scene. After the chaotic nature and unstructured narrative of most of the movie, his monologue felt tacked on at the end to wrap up loose ends - and it only made me cringe when it went to credits. Terrible ending compared to BB.
ad also, Bruce didn't "suddenly" wanted to quit being Batman, it was only after the dinner with Harvey Dent that Bruce saw Dent as his replacement
Oh, so all of the brilliance that went into Batman Begins, all of the character development that went into Bruce Wayne, that went into Batman, all of the feelings, all of the emotions, the struggle, the final realization that Bruce Wayne was BATMAN. All that was lost because of ONE dinner with some thrown in character who had a few notions about heroes and villains? That is such a cop out, I'm sorry. Bullshit.
I stopped reading the second I saw him say he only registered to write that... troll much?
Feel free to call me a troll, Batman Begins will always remain in my eyes the superior movie. Whatever helps you get though the night.

Oh how I disagree. The cheesiness of his son running out and asking, "why is he running?" had me shaking my head from the start. Right when Gordon started (I loved Gordon's character in BB, for the record) I was completely underwhelmed by the entire scene. After the chaotic nature and unstructured narrative of most of the movie, his monologue felt tacked on at the end to wrap up loose ends - and it only made me cringe when it went to credits. Terrible ending compared to BB.t
Even though i love BB it was much more cheesier than TDK, "Nice Coat", "I Gotta get me one of those" etc..
Oh, so all of the brilliance that went into Batman Begins, all of the character development that went into Bruce Wayne, that went into Batman, all of the feelings, all of the emotions, the struggle, the final realization that Bruce Wayne was BATMAN. All that was lost because of ONE dinner with some thrown in character who had a few notions about heroes and villains? That is such a cop out, I'm sorry. Bullshit.
Bruce wanted to be with Rachel. He knew that if he could quit being Batman then he could be with her.

It's OK to love one of the movies more that the other, I loved Begins for the fact that Batman was saved and honored, for the fact it made people remember how important this character is and how powerful is his story, TDK is a continuation to that story, escalation like they said, I don't like to separate the films into two different things but rather watch them as the beginning and the middle of an extraordinary story.
Both films have pay off and exceeded by far the expectations I had, being a batman aficionado from the comics and not the 90's films I can just say thank Chris Nolan and all his associates for what they did.
Both films were terrific.

sKin wrote:Oh, so all of the brilliance that went into Batman Begins, all of the character development that went into Bruce Wayne, that went into Batman, all of the feelings, all of the emotions, the struggle, the final realization that Bruce Wayne was BATMAN. All that was lost because of ONE dinner with some thrown in character who had a few notions about heroes and villains? That is such a cop out, I'm sorry. Bullshit.
why he became the Batman? to combat crime in Gotham, and be with Rachel again once his "job" is done.

Now he's being shown an option where another guy has the potential to replace him as a "legitimate" crime fighter, why not give away the responsibility, finish the job and get the girl? And if not for the challenge from the Joker, they might had succeeded when Dent scooped out most of the mobs in one shot. Finally, TDK did not took place right after BB (6 months after that if i am not mistaken), and we can see the wear and tear both physically (the cuts and bruises) and mentally (exhaustion and Rachel being dating Dent) from Wayne

its just discussion, you won't be called a troll, everyone has their own opinion, peace bro ;)

I think Batman Begins is the better of the two.
I really love Batman begins whilst TDK is definitely not my movie.. The first half i was just like > :wtf: Didn't like the nervous cut and the whole atmosphere. Nevertheless Heath Ledger did an impressive job.

I think both of them are equal-they have their flaws,but also they have incredible amont of quality 8-)

After seeing them again, I've decided that Batman Begins is better than the Dark Knight. Begins has a much better sense of pacing, while the Dark Knight gets really out of control in the second half of the movie. Begins has a better musical score, a more interesting performance by Bale, more genuine emotion in it, and less of the logical inconsistencies of the Dark Knight.

And I still really like the Dark Knight, but Batman Begins is just an amazing movie.

You're not the only one, I actually thought The Dark Knight was a tiny bit overrated, since there were a few inconsistencies my parents brought up. Still a good movie though! :thumbup: So I prefer Batman Begins to TDK, and Inception to the both of them. :JGLface: