Does anyone find it a chore to watch Batman Begins now?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Especially after the massive critical and commercial success of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight? BB was Christopher Nolan's first blockbuster movie and it really does show here. The Dark Knight was a step up in every way and it shows with the box office figures and the awards it received from various organizations including the Academy. Rises might not have have made quite the impact TDK made but it's still a far superior work to BB. The only thing BB has going for it is that Batman is more focused in this movie than in TDKR/TDKR.

I rewatched BB last night in getting ready for TDKR blu-ray release and it feels pretty weak now compared with its sequels.

Eh
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Eh
It doesn't hold up to repeat viewings is what I'm trying to say. I hadn't seen Begins for about 3 years until yesterday and I reminded myself why. The majority of the film is backstory and there's only so much backstory you can take in before it gets boring. When you get to the final act with Batman and the action, it's not nearly as well done as it is in the sequels. Like I said before, this was Nolan's first entry into blockbuster cinema and it shows.

I don't even understand what you are saying. Batman Begins rocks.

No. Batman Begins holds its own against all of Nolan's other films. In fact, it gets better and better with each viewing.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

The first half > second tho
Sigs???

I would go as far as saying some of the Best parts of the trilogy are in Batman Begins... the non linear narrative of Bruce's training is superb.

The first hour with the training and the flashbacks was well handled, I'll give Batman Begins that. The non linear narrative is classical Nolan. Though I don't like how Bruce's past was spelled out for you. And that's a major problem I have with this movie, it spells everything out for you. One of the reasons why I prefer TDK more. I wouldn't have minded if TDK was the first Batman movie. It would've made Batman a far more mysterious character.

DoubleD wrote:No. Batman Begins holds its own against all of Nolan's other films. In fact, it gets better and better with each viewing.
this, and
Z. Cobb wrote:I would go as far as saying some of the Best parts of the trilogy are in Batman Begins... the non linear narrative of Bruce's training is superb.
this.

As far as storytelling goes, Batman Begins is probably Nolan's best.