Deciding whether to see Insomnia...

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
You see the dead girl's tits in the beginning of the movie. It's so rad!

Is this for real?

Crazy Eight wrote:Is this for real?
Oh yes.

Crazy Eight wrote:Is this for real?

steveportee wrote:You see the dead girl's tits in the beginning of the movie. It's so rad!
Best part of this movie :modesty:

There's a lot of bad fucking language in this fucking awesome movie. You shouldn't see it bacon, it'd totally fuck with your 15 year old, Jesus-loving brain. Plus it's a story about murder, which is a god damn, mother fucking sin.

If you watch an R rated movie, you go to hell. It's in the Bible.

steveportee wrote:There's a lot of bad fucking language in this fucking awesome movie. You shouldn't see it bacon, it'd totally fuck with your 15 year old, Jesus-loving brain. Plus it's a story about murder, which is a god damn, mother fucking sin.

If you watch an R rated movie, you go to hell. It's in the Bible.
/thread

BaconBoy, you are missing out on some of the best films ever made.
(Insomnia is not one of them though)

How old are you? I was watching R and NC-17 films when I was 7-8 years old. And It was my dad who bought them to me, he wanted me to know about the variations of film in an early age, being a film director himself. And I loved it.

Baconboy wrote:
solo2001 wrote:Baconboy, do you understand that depriving yourself of explicit material will not only rob you of seeing great art that may happen to be explicit, but will also have dire consequences in your future when your parents won't be there to coddle and protect you from explicit/sexual content.

It's better if you desensitize yourself now.
1. Both of the things I do not watch are unnecessary.
2. I'll mature some more and then I'll watch them.
3. I'm trying to control what media I watch. Deal with it.
I'm assuming you're above 12 at least, so now's pretty much the time to watch it, considering I watched Memento when I was 14 and Insomnia isn't as rude or violent.

By the way, there are 36 uses of the F-word and a half second clip of someone getting beaten and a few people get shot. Basically, the only difference between this and a PG-13 is the fact that there are a few more swear words, but just ignore them and witness some real acting by Al Pacino.

Baconboy wrote:...and I was wondering how much language is in it.
On IMDB it says "some uses of", but for Memento it says "74 uses of F and 23 uses of S."

Can someone,
who won't make fun of the fact that I'm asking this,
tell me how much language is in here?
There is a few f-words throughout and you see a dead girls naked body on a slab from profile as well as pictures of her dead body topless but these are for seconds at most