Favorite scene - Insomnia

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
Dormer and Finch on the ferry - "WILDCARD"
Dormer interrogating Finch, then rushing to Randy's to try and find the gun.

As long as you don't try and measure it up to Nolan's other movies, Insomnia is a pretty darn good movie.

The chase in the fog and the scene in which Dormer explains to Rachel how he tampered with the child molester case evidence.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

when pacino is chasing williams in the fog, in the first viewing i was was like breathless

foggy chase.. no doubt, Chris' ability with the camera and Pfister's superb work as DP make one of the finest team work around, from Memento till Inception (but i still think the highest point for both of them is The Dark Knight) it's been a continuous evolution, and in the 3D/CGI era, they're really pushing modern cinema beyond the limits, technically speaking, 'cause they're going right in the opposite direction: IMAX, highest definition possible, brilliant photography, real locations and scenarios..

Slask wrote:foggy chase.. no doubt, Chris' ability with the camera and Pfister's superb work as DP make one of the finest team work around, from Memento till Inception (but i still think the highest point for both of them is The Dark Knight) it's been a continuous evolution, and in the 3D/CGI era, they're really pushing modern cinema beyond the limits, technically speaking, 'cause they're going right in the opposite direction: IMAX, highest definition possible, brilliant photography, real locations and scenarios..
This. :D

One of Pacino's greatest acting accomplishments when he is really selling the effects of Insomnia on his psyche in the hotel room. Just a great character study where you really feel what this guy is going through and full credit to Pacino for getting the effects there.

After some thinking, my new favourite scene if the first meet-up between Pacino and Williams on the ferry. Such a wonderfully presented scene, it's rather chilling.

It's gotta be the fog chase sequence.

:twothumbsup:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I like the scene with Will and Hap at the restaurant where Will gets up and leaves in disgust.

I like the scene where Al Pacino is really tired.