Why is Insomnia considered Nolan's weakest film when...

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
User avatar
Posts: 2610
Joined: June 2012
Bacon wrote:Some people wish this film never was made or that Nolan never directed it. I disagree. If all Nolan made was his own films, I'd have a harder time judging him as a director. Sure, all his films are good, cause he wrote them all. But because of this film, he proved to all that he can take a script already written and still make a bloody good movie as well as a movie that doesn't deviate THAT much from his other films. I seem to be the only one who thinks this feels like a Nolan film, but I don't care. I love this film.

I don't know if I explained that good enough, but I hope I got my point across.
I agree. This movie helps Nolan to direct Batman Begins in the future for WB. And i like the movie too.

User avatar
Posts: 6775
Joined: February 2011
Location: The Discount Inn
ryan4butler wrote:Nolan's writting style is a big part of his filmmaking. Someone elses writting does not come close to his own.
That is true but it was a very good script.
"When art imitates life"
Image

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55546
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Imo it is his weakest, and yet I'd give it four out of five stars.
𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’†π’… 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. π‘»π’‰π’†π’š π’…π’Šπ’…π’'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 π‘±π’‚π’˜π’” π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’˜π’Šπ’Žπ’Žπ’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- π‘«π’†π’π’Šπ’” π‘½π’Šπ’π’π’†π’π’†π’–π’—π’†

User avatar
Posts: 8049
Joined: October 2011
Location: Chungking Mansions
m4st4 wrote:Imo it is his weakest, and yet I'd give it four out of five stars.
I find it his weakest too.
Do you... like pineapple?

Posts: 460
Joined: January 2013
TDKR is considered the weakest film of Nolan, obviously. wtf is the OP on about?

User avatar
Posts: 26294
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
Jungian wrote:TDKR is considered the weakest film of Nolan, obviously. wtf is the OP on about?
:facepalm:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

User avatar
Posts: 13008
Joined: February 2011
Jungian wrote:TDKR is considered the weakest film of Nolan, obviously. wtf is the OP on about?
Image

Posts: 460
Joined: January 2013
The most weak screenplay, to be on point. But why? I will have to make this my mission. Why did Nolan cater so much to Hollywood elements when he never has done that before? Was it the Micheal Bay fan inside him? Probably..

User avatar
Posts: 13377
Joined: August 2011
Jungian wrote:The most weak screenplay, to be on point. But why? I will have to make this my mission. Why did Nolan cater so much to Hollywood elements when he never has done that before? Was it the Micheal Bay fan inside him? Probably..
lol you consider it his weakest.
Brave New World

User avatar
Posts: 6087
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
RyanRises wrote:
Jungian wrote:The most weak screenplay, to be on point. But why? I will have to make this my mission. Why did Nolan cater so much to Hollywood elements when he never has done that before? Was it the Micheal Bay fan inside him? Probably..
lol you consider it his weakest.
care to elaborate on that?

Post Reply