Why is Insomnia considered Nolan's weakest film when...

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
Bacon wrote:Some people wish this film never was made or that Nolan never directed it. I disagree. If all Nolan made was his own films, I'd have a harder time judging him as a director. Sure, all his films are good, cause he wrote them all. But because of this film, he proved to all that he can take a script already written and still make a bloody good movie as well as a movie that doesn't deviate THAT much from his other films. I seem to be the only one who thinks this feels like a Nolan film, but I don't care. I love this film.

I don't know if I explained that good enough, but I hope I got my point across.
I agree. This movie helps Nolan to direct Batman Begins in the future for WB. And i like the movie too.

ryan4butler wrote:Nolan's writting style is a big part of his filmmaking. Someone elses writting does not come close to his own.
That is true but it was a very good script.
"When art imitates life"

Imo it is his weakest, and yet I'd give it four out of five stars.

m4st4 wrote:Imo it is his weakest, and yet I'd give it four out of five stars.
I find it his weakest too.
Do you... like pineapple?

TDKR is considered the weakest film of Nolan, obviously. wtf is the OP on about?

Jungian wrote:TDKR is considered the weakest film of Nolan, obviously. wtf is the OP on about?
:facepalm:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Jungian wrote:TDKR is considered the weakest film of Nolan, obviously. wtf is the OP on about?

The most weak screenplay, to be on point. But why? I will have to make this my mission. Why did Nolan cater so much to Hollywood elements when he never has done that before? Was it the Micheal Bay fan inside him? Probably..

Jungian wrote:The most weak screenplay, to be on point. But why? I will have to make this my mission. Why did Nolan cater so much to Hollywood elements when he never has done that before? Was it the Micheal Bay fan inside him? Probably..
lol you consider it his weakest.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Jungian wrote:The most weak screenplay, to be on point. But why? I will have to make this my mission. Why did Nolan cater so much to Hollywood elements when he never has done that before? Was it the Micheal Bay fan inside him? Probably..
lol you consider it his weakest.
care to elaborate on that?