Who really wrote this?

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
In the wiki article for this film it says:
To date, this is the only film that Christopher Nolan has directed without receiving at least a share of one of the writing credits, even though he wrote the final draft of the script.
Did Nolan really write the final draft of Insomnia? It would make sense, and I wouldn't be surprised. I just thought he didn't write it. And if he did, why didn't he get credit? Someone help me out.

Bacon wrote:In the wiki article for this film it says:
To date, this is the only film that Christopher Nolan has directed without receiving at least a share of one of the writing credits, even though he wrote the final draft of the script.
Did Nolan really write the final draft of Insomnia? It would make sense, and I wouldn't be surprised. I just thought he didn't write it. And if he did, why didn't he get credit? Someone help me out.
I know that sometimes drafts are done by multiple people and the credit usually reflects only a single person. This is extremely common in TV. Im guessing that Nolan was involved with the script process (in the commentary he talks about crafting the story). He probably polished the final draft.

That sorta makes me feel better. I'm always surprised just how Nolan the script is and wonder why it has all his touches. I wondered whether he like improvised certain lines during the shoot, but if he wrote the final draft that makes sense.