Al Pacino: Christopher Nolan is 'miffed' with me

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
Although Al Pacino starred in Christopher Nolan’s Insomnia, relations between the pair have since cooled.
“He hasn’t offered me a film in a while, you know why? I’ll tell you why,” the Scarface actor says at a BFI event. “He asked me to be in this movie and I didn’t do it.”
While Pacino won’t divulge the film in question, he thinks he annoyed the Batman Begins director. “I think that might have miffed him a little bit, but I’m being presumptuous myself.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... th-me.html

Interesting. Since he doesn't mention the film, we can't really speculate on the role he was offered. Would loved to have gotten a bit more info on this.

It must have been for Batman Begins. My bet is Carmine Falcone or maybe Ra's Al Ghul.

Robin wrote:It must have been for Batman Begins. My bet is Carmine Falcone or maybe Ra's Al Ghul.
Yeah, I was thinking of Falcone as well. If it was for Ra's, then I'm glad he didn't take it as I can't see anyone other than Liam in that role now - he was so charismatic and totally nailed it.

Maybe it was Jim Gordon? :think:

Pratham wrote:Maybe it was Jim Gordon? :think:
This gets my vote.

It's funny that Joe Pantoliano said the exact same thing pretty much.

Does Nolan cut you off if you turn him down? :o

I think not, because didn't Ledger turn him down prior to TDK? Same with Leo I think.

Insomniac wrote:It's funny that Joe Pantoliano said the exact same thing pretty much.

Does Nolan cut you off if you turn him down? :o

I think not, because didn't Ledger turn him down prior to TDK? Same with Leo I think.
Aaron Eckhart turned down the lead role in Memento all those years ago.

Pratham wrote:Maybe it was Jim Gordon? :think:
Yeah, maybe Pacino didn't want to commit for a possible franchise.

Im pretty sure it was Maroni (if it was a Batman film). Gordon was offered to Chris Cooper who turned it down. Oldman was asked to be Ras after Nolan toyed with the idea of having a younger Ras (Guy Pearce was to play that role). After Gary declined, he was offered Gordon and i read that both Daniel Day Lewis & Viggo Mortensen were in the running for Ras Al Ghul.

Remember that Nolan was originally going to make The Prestige after Insomnia. It might have been Cutter?