Insomnia - Nolan's Most Underrated Film - YouTube

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
Oku

okungnyo wrote:
lock thread

Oku
It's actually a good video. :(

He considers Insomnia a masterpiece and explains why!

But it's not a masterpiece.

Even if it wasn't a 'masterpiece', Insomnia was definitely an important step in Nolan's career. The film had a sense of scale that Memento lacked, the cinematography was impressive (although not Wally's best), and helped establish Nolan's current place in Hollywood. The film is a 'foundation' of sorts to his career.
Last edited by ChristMAX on July 21st, 2017, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nolan received a lot of help while making this movie, and that's the reason why you don't actually see his style there yet. But it's still a great film. A good detective, which I quite enjoy, though I didn't watch it so many times.

Lord Shade wrote:Nolan received a lot of help while making this movie, and that's the reason why you don't actually see his style there yet. But it's still a great film. A good detective, which I quite enjoy, though I didn't watch it so many times.
His style is definitely there. Not sure exactly what you're meaning.

Where's Hillary Swank by the way.

m4st4 wrote:Where's Hillary Swank by the way.
She reprises a similar detective role in Logan Lucky (good flick), though it is mostly really at the tail-end of the film.