Question about the Blu Ray

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Does anyone know if the Blu Ray version of the film has the same special features as the two disc edition DVD?

Never mind. I did a little digging and found out that the extras aren't the same.
Is there anyway an admin can lock this topic or something?

I have the American version of the Blu Ray (Still not released in the UK :evil: )

Its a good transfer as well but it dosent have most of the bonus features.

It has the sundance making of feature.
Interview with Nolan (ithink) and some trailers.

I wouldn't get it for the features tbh but it's a good HD transfer though in my view of a 32mm film

rbevanx wrote:I have the American version of the Blu Ray (Still not released in the UK :evil: )

Its a good transfer as well but it dosent have most of the bonus features.

It has the sundance making of feature.
Interview with Nolan (ithink) and some trailers.

I wouldn't get it for the features tbh but it's a good HD transfer though in my view of a 32mm film

How would you compare it with other blu ray releases? I actually heard at times it wasn't much better than the DVD relase.

Well it was better than the DVD, the problem is that Memento was shot in 35mm, comparing it to the latest films like Batman and Iron Man etc is a bit unfair.
It's still a big improvement compared to the UK DVD (Don't have the American DVD of Memento)
The sound is the biggest upgrade for me but in terms of bonus features its a bit bare bones I'm afraid.
I think 3:10 To Yuma was a really bad transfer, very new film and was really grainy.
I think the 3 disk version is the best so far in the UK for value for money mind.

Memento still hasn't come out on Blu-Ray yet in the UK :crazy:

Had to buy an American copy but Sony blu-Ray movies are multi-region anyway but some aren't.

rbevanx wrote:Well it was better than the DVD, the problem is that Memento was shot in 35mm, comparing it to the latest films like Batman and Iron Man etc is a bit unfair.

35mm is pretty much the current standard for film. The Dark Knight (non-IMAX scenes), Batman Begins, and Iron Man were all shot in 35mm.

George wrote:
rbevanx wrote:Well it was better than the DVD, the problem is that Memento was shot in 35mm, comparing it to the latest films like Batman and Iron Man etc is a bit unfair.

35mm is pretty much the current standard for film. The Dark Knight (non-IMAX scenes), Batman Begins, and Iron Man were all shot in 35mm.
Well I have noticed that smaller film's still use a cheaper/different format. Not trained in film to be fair but if you look at Heat and The Dark Knight for example.
You will notice Heat has a less quality pitcure than the 35 mm scenes of The Dark Knight as well, even though they are both 35mm.
Maybe the process in post production is better, I don't know tbh but it could be camera as well etc.

whoa! What does the 3 disc edition include?

Disc 1:
Audio commentary from director Christopher Nolan with 3 different endings
Disc 2:
Interview with director Christopher Nolan
Interview with star Guy Pearce
Biographies
'Anatomy Of A Scene' documentary
Reverse version of feature - Easter egg
Disc 3:
Shooting script split screen
'Memento Mori' short story
'Leonard's Journey' stills gallery