how does leonard remember burt?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Leonard uses Burt's name just past the 26 minute mark. how does he know or remember the name?

gc.

repetition is how.
Nolan has even said this is numerous articles. :goNF:

didn't he look at a photo

prince0gotham wrote:didn't he look at a photo
no,he didnt... and repetition isnt an explanation because he says that he doesnt remember burt at all in the third scene of the movie...

Don't know what to make of it. There could've been a couple of shots deleted from the scene of them walking up to the room for example where Burt says his name again. I doubt it just slipped Pierce's mind. Could be Chris' mistake. Or not. I dunno.

Leonard does not look at a photo. Repetition is an easy answer. His memory is quite inconsistent. Sometimes he forgets right away, as in where he punches Natalie. Other times he can hold on longer, while he is driving to her house to ask about Dodd.

gc.

There was a little cut between when they were at the front desk and the room maybe he said it then or maybe BURT was wearing a nametag
"When art imitates life"

Burt probably told him his name as they walked to the room.

#1fan wrote:repetition is how.
Nolan has even said this is numerous articles. :goNF:
If repetition is the answer, then Lenny should have remembered which way the door would swing as he entered the lobby at the motel where he had stayed over the past weeks, right?

steveportee wrote:Burt probably told him his name as they walked to the room.
no he didnt and like I said before he didnt remember him at all in the ending of the movie-just before he kill teddy he said that he doesnt remember him at all but then about in the middle of the movie he says his name...so we are still waiting for an answer :)