Memento Mori Chronology (the true story of Memento)

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Wow, Author, you really gave it a shot.
But you're still far off. Maybe you have to read it again.
You picked up some of the pieces, but they're in the wrong order.

The most important clue is not the activation of the Sammy-mirror (that's the prime-goof, not the prime-clue).
The most important clue is the Opening Shot. That gives you the framework on which to build the story (5 friends).

And you have to consider the meaning of some weird scenes (of which I added screenshots).
Like the shot of Catherine taking an overdoses and gliding into a coma. No other way to explain that shot.

And some strange scenes you have to combine. Like:
1. Why is Sammy's wife why so upset when Sammy didn't tell her "Ellen can't come!"?
+
2. Why is Jimmy alone at a 200.000$ drugdeal, has total trust in Lenny and calls for Teddy like he is his friend?
=
3. Lenny's wife is upset because she can't cancel her date with her lover and has to rush of to work because Lenny forget to tell her boss called she has to come to work.

Because:
1. A friend of Sammy's wife would know Lenny has CRS and wouldn't leave a message, the boss of Catherine wouldn't know Lenny has CRS and would leave a message.
2. Jimmy still shows up for his date with Catherine and knows all about her weird boyfriend. He can easily call for his girlfriend ("Yo - Teddy") and even f**k her right in front of him as he would forget it anyway.

I've tried (for years) all possible combinations of all weird scenes and all possible explanations of all weird things said ("You don't have to be that honest, BURT") and there is only one possible fit. And the beauty is, once you've got the basic framework (11 days with 5 friends and 3 mental hospitals) everything falls into place.

But how could you possibly get the order (and content!) of the actions wrong? They're laid out in perfect order in the Actions section!

I believe you think what you wrote is credible.

However, your statements above are the ramblings of a very confused person.

To be brief: Here's your presented case.....
"1. A friend of Sammy's wife would know Lenny has CRS"
Are you kidding!!! :facepalm:

"2. Jimmy still shows up for his date with Catherine and knows all about her weird boyfriend. He can easily call for his girlfriend ("Yo - Teddy")"

So, are you saying Jimmy is dating Lenny's wife (alive?) and calls her Teddy???? :thumbdown: (Jimmy lives with Natalie in the real film version.)

"3. Lenny's wife is upset because she can't cancel her date with her lover and has to rush of to work because Lenny forget to tell her boss called she has to come to work."

There is absolutely nothing in the film remotely connected to your 3 main points of your "understanding" :judge:
Case dismissed!

Okay, so what? I can see a few slight differences in the writing- WHAT ARE YOU SAYING THIS PROVES??

Also, you missed some of the biggest points. The license plate number SGI3 7IU actually changes throughout the movie. On the actual car, in one shot it reads SGI3 7IU, and in the next it reads SG13 71U. This is to demonstrate the unreliability of one's memory. Like Lenny states "memory can change the shape of a room, or the color of..."

Anyway, I can see a lot of work went into your "theory", but to be honest, your point is very unclear.

Also, where are you getting the idea that Lenny was in a car crash or strangled his wife or was institutionalized 3 times??? I see no evidence of any of this in your writing.

All in all, I gained nothing from reading this.

Maybe I can condition myself to believe whatever this was. Maybe you should keep the 100 bucks and get some writing classes bud.

Let Nolan (anno 2000-2002) explain this himself;

Robin. Great video, thanks buddy. I have a little "hairpin" timeline printed out and on my office wall at work. It's by far the easiest way to visualize the timeline.

Cool to hear the man himself explain some stuff.

(also, it's refreshing to hear some intelligible thoughts on the matter)

Thanks again bud! :thumbup: