HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
I'm pretty sure there's a reason the taking of King's Landing went relatively easy. That weighed in for Daenerys like: that's all it took? All the losses she could've spared if she just went full Targaryen and attacked the capitol the moment she landed on Dragonstone. Alas, that's not the route that was taken.

I don't get people's issue with CleganeBowl.
Did people actually expect The Hound to survive the fight and go on living? There was nothing left for his character to accomplish. Also, the staging of it as the building was crumbling around them was cool with some great cinematography.

radewart wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 9:36 pm
No, I get why people are mad, but I personally don't agree with that reasoning in assigning a rating to the episode, making it viewed as the worst in the serious run. I don't like numerical scores or stars, but it should be like in the 7.5 range.
I'm glad we finally got a true objective point of view on this. Guess I was just wrong in disliking the episode.

It's so weird to realise that in mere days this thing is going to be wrapped up. Like, finished for real.

I started watching this once season 2 aired, we got in my country then and I quickly caught up with season 1. Started reading the books after season 2 ended.

I read a very nice theory on reddit (again) that
The Three Eyed Raven wants the throne and all those visions and prophecies has been his doing. Petyr trained Sansa to protect the North and the Faceless Arya to protect the Three Eyed Raven. It's quite a nice theory, a very long read but still. Honestly no idea how it's going to end but it did explain why the story began where it did and characters' motivations and such

Nomis wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 6:28 am
It's so weird to realise that in mere days this thing is going to be wrapped up. Like, finished for real.

I started watching this once season 2 aired, we got in my country then and I quickly caught up with season 1. Started reading the books after season 2 ended.

I read a very nice theory on reddit (again) that
The Three Eyed Raven wants the throne and all those visions and prophecies has been his doing. Petyr trained Sansa to protect the North and the Faceless Arya to protect the Three Eyed Raven. It's quite a nice theory, a very long read but still. Honestly no idea how it's going to end but it did explain why the story began where it did and characters' motivations and such
God I hope that's true. I take anything over this predictable ending any day of the week.£

^literally everyone who has a theory lol

I wonder if theory was really ever the point of the show. Except for that scene with Hodor, the twists and shock were never meant to make you want to look at everything that came before in a different way. It is not Inception, Memento, Shutter Island or Vertigo. It never was. People spending hours to theorize may be proven right by the final episode, but I wouldn't find it disappointing if there was no twist. What I expect most of all is a great ending to the main characters'arc, an ending that makes sense and is shocking and moving.

Actual spoiler:
There will be a twist. D&D said they were told three twists when Martin told them the broad strokes of the ending. One was Hold the Door/Hodor, the other was the burning of Shireen and the third one is in the final episode. So it might very well be something to turn the story on it's head and tbh, considering all the major deaths a rewatch is going to change your POV anyway. Since then you know the characters ending from the beginning.