Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Yeah, I doubt it'll be any of those. The only ones that stand a chance are his original ideas. But I think he'll come out announcing something completely new that he's making. At least that's what I'm hoping for... and please don't be another war movie!

I know that a lot of you liked Dunkirk, but even if I liked it, I would have preferred him to switch up genres. I wasn't the biggest fan of Tarantino doing another western after Django and I wasn't the only one. That movie wasn't a big success (granted, for multiple reasons) and I think that Once Upon a Time will be a much bigger hit (again, for various other reasons, but still, a fresh setting is also important).

And, why not an original script for Blade Runner 3, with Jake Gyllenhaal? :twothumbsup:

Because no one will give any money to anyone to do another Blade Runner movie after 2049 bombed.

Excuse you, it broke even with the blu-ray and dvd sales. Or at least, it almost did some time ago, I'm pretty sure it has broken even now.

Lets not forget we got 2049* 35 years after the original, while I'd rather not want them to wait that long with another sequel, it's not like we're used to multiple Blade Runner films in a row ;).

I know Nolan probably wouldn't touch the world of Blade Runner but maybe someone like Fincher might.

*not to forget that it won two oscars and that it has gotten rave reviews. Scott is working on another sequel, but so far only on the screenplay viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40957

It was probably the best movie it could have been and didn't even break even. It's a clear sign general audiences aren't interested in this universe. No-one is paying for another. Maybe in another 35 years.

from IMDB: [regarding his canceled Howard Hughes film] "Luckily, I managed to find another wealthy, quirky character who's orphaned at a young age."

Is this Nolan's next project? Plus many are assuming no matter what it would be a biopic of someone.

61zone wrote:
July 6th, 2018, 7:25 am
from IMDB: [regarding his canceled Howard Hughes film] "Luckily, I managed to find another wealthy, quirky character who's orphaned at a young age."

Is this Nolan's next project? Plus many are assuming no matter what it would be a biopic of someone.
That's Batman...

Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster. :gonf:

A question to you all... Do you think Nolan's next film will be based off an original idea (like Dunkirk or Inception), or an as of yet untapped IP?

i hope it's gonna be musical biopic about abba starring prince caspian as bjorn and jimmi simpson as benny

Pratham wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 2:51 am
i hope it's gonna be musical biopic about abba starring prince caspian as bjorn and jimmi simpson as benny