The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Why is Franco getting off easy with his sexual assault allegations?

Or Stallone.£

Panapaok wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 10:11 am
Skipping trailer, it's already on the watchlist lol

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 12:29 pm
Delbonnel > Deakins
That's simply untrue.

It's good, fascinating, but a bit up and down. Some of the chapters are really great (first is by far the best), some are less so, pacing is all over the place and overall feels waaaaay longer than it is. but it's all still entertaining with the cast doing an awesome job throughout. Delbonmel and Burwell MVPs totally.

So has no one watched this yet?

Trying to convince my friend with a 65" 4K TV to watch it with. The alternative would be my PC, which I'm trying to avoid.

This was really good. The Buster Scruggs title story-The Tom Waits prospecting gold-Zoe Kazan love story and especially Liam Neeson's artist life were all great.

Franco's was just too short and minor. I was completely confused by the last one in the stagecoach, will have to rewatch it. Ended the film on a really weird note.

Delbonnel's work was exquisite as always. And man, this is probably the darkest film the Coens have ever made. There's some laughs, but it's anything but a comedy.

Mid-tier Coens. Better than Hail Caesar, but not a masterpiece like Llewyn Davis