What Actors Would You Like To See Nolan Work W/ Again?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Bill Irwin and Matt Damon also William Devane

Di Caprio
Jackman
Hathaway

Christian Bale, Marion Cotillard and Matt Damon! Nolan must work with them again!

OK, she's one of my all-time favorite actresses so I'm obviously biased, but I wonder why Chris didn't cast Marion Cotillard as Brand? He could have explained away her accent by saying her mother was French, etc. Anne was great as Brand, but she was probably a little too young for the role. She's supposed to be a PhD with a lot of expertise, etc., and Marion being older might have made the character stronger. We're supposed to buy that Anne's boyfriend left 10 years ago and given Anne's age, that would have made her like a teenager in love with a guy who was much older (if he was already a particle physicist) so maybe a little creepy.

Aili wrote:OK, she's one of my all-time favorite actresses so I'm obviously biased, but I wonder why Chris didn't cast Marion Cotillard as Brand? He could have explained away her accent by saying her mother was French, etc. Anne was great as Brand, but she was probably a little too young for the role. She's supposed to be a PhD with a lot of expertise, etc., and Marion being older might have made the character stronger. We're supposed to buy that Anne's boyfriend left 10 years ago and given Anne's age, that would have made her like a teenager in love with a guy who was much older (if he was already a particle physicist) so maybe a little creepy.
Totally agree! I would have loved this film even more if Marion would be in this as Brand. She's also my favorite actress. But the point is that she's more suitable for this role than Anne. She is more modest, elegant and more like a scientist than Hathaway. Just all that you describe. :thumbup:

Chastain
Jackman
Murphy as the lead
Dicaprio

Guy Pearce
Carrie Anne-Moss
Al Pacino

Gary Oldman and ellen page .

Christian Bale, definitely.

I'd love to see an acting showdown between him, DiCaprio and McConaughey in one film actually. Something like The Prestige - dueling characters but on a bigger scale.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Matt Damon
Andy Serkis
Cillian Murphy
Scarlett Johansson
Mathew McConaughey
Christian Bale
Guy Pearce
Ben Mendelsohn
Marion Cotillard
Hugh Jackman
Joseph Gordon-Levitt