All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

GothamGirl wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Sweet, looking forward to both Charlize and Tom in this! 8-)

Two of my favs together?!?! So excited.

Yeah, I hope they cooperate! :D

In many ways.
m4st4 wrote:
GothamGirl wrote:

Two of my favs together?!?! So excited.

Yeah, I hope they cooperate! :D

In many ways.

She will be his kick side, so they must
Theron: Mad Max won’t be a sequel

Charlize Theron has revealed that Mad Max 4: Fury Road will not be a prequel or sequel to the previous films.

The Oscar-winning South African actress is set to star alongside Tom Hardy as Mad Max in the fourth instalment, which comes 27 years since the last movie, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

“Like with Snow White And The Huntsman, there is so much potential to re-imagine that world. It’s such an interesting world and how much it still resonates today after 20 years or whatever it’s been. We’re going back to that world but this is not a prequel or sequel or anything like that,” she said.

Charlize - who stars as evil queen Ravenna in Snow White And The Huntsman - is excited to see what Tom has up his sleeve for his upcoming performance, which sees him stepping into Mel Gibson’s shoes.

“Tom Hardy will be playing Mad Max but this is not the Mad Max that we know from that [film]. Only Tom Hardy can do this Mad Max and my character is a brand new character as well,” she added.

Good, now I don't have to watch the other movies to catch up.
CaliKid329 wrote:

“Tom Hardy will be playing Mad Max but this is not the Mad Max that we know from that [film]. Only Tom Hardy can do this Mad Max and my character is a brand new character as well,” she added.

Good, now I don't have to watch the other movies to catch up.

That's been bugging me, now it's cleared thanks! Hopefully they got a script to back it all up.
So this is a reboot? Count me in.
oracle86 wrote:So this is a reboot? Count me in.

Yup, and The Beard is plain ol' Mad, with added rocknroll! 8-)
“I think that, just like [Prometheus], that’s an interesting world. I feel that I have a real interest in this world, and I think people will have an interest in this world because Alien kinda set that up for us. I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me. George really created a female character that I’ve never read anything like this. I mean, I’m scared shitless, yeah.”

She was then asked what Miller is asking her to do and if it’s something she’s never done before:

“No, it’s a really challenging piece of material. I think for me originally when they were like, “Oh, Mad Max.” I was like, “Uh, I’m not going to play the fucking girl for Mad Max.” Then I read it and I was like, “Oh, Mad Max. I feel sorry for you.” (Laughs) That rarely happens. It’s just really, it’s two great characters. It’s not the original Mad Max. It’s the revamped Mad Max. It’s Tom Hardy, who’s incredible. So, the whole thing is just exciting, very, very exciting.”

I’m really looking forward to a certain “Mad Max” movie that is coming up. What can you tell people about that project and when do you begin filming?

Theron: I leave in like two and a half weeks and we start shooting I think around mid-July in Namibia. I’m fucking dying, too, it’s been three years. It’s time to skin this cat already, so yeah, I’m very excited about it.

http://collider.com/charlize-theron-pro ... ew/170219/
Read this just the other day too, definitely looking forward to it. The Five Wives rumor / aspect sounds crazy too..;-) I believe I read that it starts shooting sometime in July, but the prep work and all that starts in the next week or two:-)
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to Entertainment