Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
mchekhov wrote:I don't think it will solely rest on him to express gothans view. There are so many different groups within Gotham

The detached rich, the philanthropic rich , the cops, the criminals, the sedated lower class, the mobilized lower class

He simply cannot carry the view of all these groups but he will portray one perspective of it
Bruce and Blake. I think it is all going to be through there eyes. Ive said this before, but I think there will be a point in the movie, after Bruce is thrown into prison, were the story splits. It goes back and fourth between Bruce in Prison and John Blake back at Gotham, under Banes rule, being the only good guy on the street. Gordon will be in the hospital, and I doubt that will be over in 5 minutes, so Blake will be all there is for a good cop in Gotham, at least for a while. A big portion of the movie will be through his view, through his investigations. When he finds out something, that is likely when we will find out the same thing, Through him. It won't be "solely" on him, but I think his perspective will be the most important outside of Bruce.

ComptonTerry wrote:
mchekhov wrote:I don't think it will solely rest on him to express gothans view. There are so many different groups within Gotham

The detached rich, the philanthropic rich , the cops, the criminals, the sedated lower class, the mobilized lower class

He simply cannot carry the view of all these groups but he will portray one perspective of it
Bruce and Blake. I think it is all going to be through there eyes. Ive said this before, but I think there will be a point in the movie, after Bruce is thrown into prison, were the story splits. It goes back and fourth between Bruce in Prison and John Blake back at Gotham, under Banes rule, being the only good guy on the street. Gordon will be in the hospital, and I doubt that will be over in 5 minutes, so Blake will be all there is for a good cop in Gotham, at least for a while. A big portion of the movie will be through his view, through his investigations. When he finds out something, that is likely when we will find out the same thing, Through him. It won't be "solely" on him, but I think his perspective will be the most important outside of Bruce.

You are correct... But it's not just Blake,,, Modine too, and Selina, and Miranda.... Blake won't be the sole focus

I think Selina, at least to a certain point, will be a mystery character, so I don't think we'll see it through her eyes. Maybe in the third act. I think we'll find out her story through Blake and Bruce. I could be wrong, everything I am saying is speculation based on things I have observes, but speculation regardless. It seems like she will be filling in for Joker, who was the mystery character in TDK. The one with no origin and no name. She won't be left a complete mystery like he was, probably, but slowly through out the story we well have little clues thrown at us as to who she is. We won't know her true intentions until the very end.

I think Blake is working with Bane to bring Gordon down.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I think Blake is working with Bane to bring Gordon down.

Stop trolling troll.

GothamGirl wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I think Blake is working with Bane to bring Gordon down.

Stop trolling troll.
How is that trolling
Bane has people working with at Wayne Enterprises and I assuming he people in the police department.

ComptonTerry wrote:I think Selina, at least to a certain point, will be a mystery character, so I don't think we'll see it through her eyes. Maybe in the third act. I think we'll find out her story through Blake and Bruce. I could be wrong, everything I am saying is speculation based on things I have observes, but speculation regardless. It seems like she will be filling in for Joker, who was the mystery character in TDK. The one with no origin and no name. She won't be left a complete mystery like he was, probably, but slowly through out the story we well have little clues thrown at us as to who she is. We won't know her true intentions until the very end.
I actually see that happening.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Someone at CBM speculated that John Blake is Gordon's son.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=57100

That is so full of stupidity my head hurts.

1: There is no way he grew that much in 8 years.
2: If he were Gordon's son, why the hell is his name John Blake instead, of, I don't know, James Gordon Junior.

:facepalm:

Matthew Modine talks about working with Joseph Gordon-Levitt
This is your first film acting with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. What is your professional opinion of his performance? Would you say he had a particularly difficult character to play?

First let me say that I really find Joseph to be a real talent. He has demonstrated his ability and craftsmanship for two decades and he’s still a young man. He is a professional and that kind of guy never lets you see him sweat. He shows up loaded for bear.

Matthew Modine seems like a really nice person in real life :) He's really nice in interviews and other videos.