Parasite (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
My fav part of the movie (other than that obvious scene); still stuck with me till now:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 4:07 am
Saw it, loved it, really loved it, ...that is until
the birthday scene, it felt like the film was trying to make some sort of pirouette, a very risky, left field one, and it tumbled across the floor once it landed in my opinion, the ending itself was great, but the way the film made those final steps towards it, it failed for me, it could have had a way more subdued ending and it would have been perfect for me, kinda like the very end of Sicario, i still really like it, but i dont love it.

PD: The flood scene, is one of the reasons i watch movies, powerful stuff :clap:
The basement guy going psycho stabbing people worked for me. But maybe, just maybe, the main character dad stabbing the rich dad was a bit too much; and Ki-Jung's death only because she was my fav character. Her death is still bothering me till this day.

Havoc1st wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 7:07 am
My fav part of the movie (other than that obvious scene); still stuck with me till now:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 4:07 am
Saw it, loved it, really loved it, ...that is until
the birthday scene, it felt like the film was trying to make some sort of pirouette, a very risky, left field one, and it tumbled across the floor once it landed in my opinion, the ending itself was great, but the way the film made those final steps towards it, it failed for me, it could have had a way more subdued ending and it would have been perfect for me, kinda like the very end of Sicario, i still really like it, but i dont love it.

PD: The flood scene, is one of the reasons i watch movies, powerful stuff :clap:
The basement guy going psycho stabbing people worked for me. But maybe, just maybe, the main character dad stabbing the rich dad was a bit too much; and Ki-Jung's death only because she was my fav character. Her death is still bothering me till this day.
Totally agree, "that" is what ruined it for me.

Just a little over a week until this thing is on Blu-Ray, and I can show it to all of my friends.

But will Netflix get it and stream it in HDR pretty please? This is such a beautifully made film.

Nomis wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 4:40 pm
lol I don't blame you
didn't you just got a mental breakdown when the previous housekeeper came back? I was like yo wtf I'm scared shitless and it only got more bizarre from there
no but
i absolutely lost my shit when the (poor) mom opened the door to her lmao

Yep

Ruth wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Nomis wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 4:40 pm
lol I don't blame you
didn't you just got a mental breakdown when the previous housekeeper came back? I was like yo wtf I'm scared shitless and it only got more bizarre from there
no but
i absolutely lost my shit when the (poor) mom opened the door to her lmao
lol true

Master Virgo wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Yep

So happy they won the SAG award for cast, but yeah, the acting in the film has been overlooked overall.

Song Kang-ho gives one of the best performances in 2019 and is one of our best working actors period fight me

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 2:55 pm
Song Kang-ho gives one of the best performances in 2019 and is one of our best working actors period fight me

-Vader
2/10 performance, he doesn’t drop kick anyone