Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Do you guys know if Nolan will(maybe already did at this point) direct some episodes in this season?
I don't think he did in 2.

Why So Serious? wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:45 pm
Do you guys know if Nolan will(maybe already did at this point) direct some episodes in this season?
I don't think he did in 2.
Nolan's directing the first episode of this season according to IMDB. And yeah, he didn't direct any episodes in season 2.

I hope Joy has directed at least one episode this season too. Her work on The Riddle of the Sphinx was amazing, also one of season 2's best episodes.

I know I'm super late to the party, but I finally got around to watching this in anticipation of season 3.

Just started season 2. Major Inception vibes at the opening. Looks like there's also a jump in the cinematography. The first season always looked akin to NCIS or something lol. That's kind of a shame because season 1 still had such great production value and set design otherwise.

Mixed feelings on things, but generally it's been a very engaging experience. I didn't like some of the melodrama of office politics in season 1, and I it felt like many of the characters just ended up giving the same speech about the same thing in every episode until the philosophy of the thing was drilled into the viewer. Got kind of tedious towards the end. But the twists in story and character revelations were chilling.

I hear all the buzz about season 2 being apparently worse, so I guess I'm strapping in for that.

Jeffrey Wright is my fave.

Cilogy wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Jeffrey Wright is my fave.
”D E L O R E S...”

Well I finished season 2.

I don't know what to make of it. I thought things got a little convoluted towards the end and it seemed like characters were written to deceive each other just for the sake of it. I also kinda stopped rooting for any of the characters, because it felt like the stakes sort of disappeared and everything felt a little "bottled."

Episode 9, Kiksuya, is fantastic storytelling. Probably one of my favorite episodes of the show so far.

I also don't know if I quite understood the end:
was that really William's daughter or a host? is she trying to torture him or implying that she wants to keep him "alive" the way he did to Delos? Maybe I need to rewatch the last few episodes. I still didn't understand what William was trying to accomplish before.

Cilogy wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 5:27 pm
Episode 9, Kiksuya, is fantastic storytelling. Probably one of my favorite episodes of the show so far.
One of the best episodes I've ever seen. Damn near bawled the first time I saw it

I really liked the first episode of the second season because of it's haunting atmosphere. The cinematography was stunning, a vast improvement over the first season.

The Riddle of the Sphinx (episode 4) and Kiksuya (ep 9) are indeed the finest episodes of the second season.

Ace

Ace