Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
gropercity wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 4:45 am
What does "shooting in reverse" mean? Heard this thrown around but have no idea what it means.
Shooting actors doing thinks backwards, so then in post you play the clips backwards, and the actor is moving forwards, but in a strange way, the best example is the scene in the trailer where
JDW is seen "dying" in the railroads

I just love what they're doing with that technique, it wows so much in relative "simple" action shots like
the car flipping on the highway
can you imagine how absolutely bonkers

major spoiler:
The plane crash is going to look? If I have read that image correctly, they're pulling it through a couple of buildings and then pull it back, too. My mind can only partly comprehend what that will look like on film. And of course they've shot it completely in IMAX.

Nomis wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 1:32 pm
I just love what they're doing with that technique, it wows so much in relative "simple" action shots like
the car flipping on the highway
can you imagine how absolutely bonkers

major spoiler:
The plane crash is going to look? If I have read that image correctly, they're pulling it through a couple of buildings and then pull it back, too. My mind can only partly comprehend what that will look like on film. And of course they've shot it completely in IMAX.
Something like this (2:25)

lolllllllllllllll

yeah but then also
with some surroundings going forward in time, know what I mean? Like with the highway stuff, some cars driving backwards so when the flipped car reverses, they're still going forward.
That's why I wonder why they are also pulling the plane back through the building(s) again when they can 'just' reverse the footage for it to pull back out of the building know what I'm saying?

Nomis wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 2:46 pm
lolllllllllllllll

yeah but then also
with some surroundings going forward in time, know what I mean? Like with the highway stuff, some cars driving backwards so when the flipped car reverses, they're still going forward.
That's why I wonder why they are also pulling the plane back through the building(s) again when they can 'just' reverse the footage for it to pull back out of the building know what I'm saying?
Yeah, I have a feeling that scene will be one of the signature moments not for just Tenet, but also for the next decade's film industry. I wonder if they would put it in the next trailer.

Just like Inception influenced the rest of this decade so much indeed

SINCEPTION wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 11:40 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Does anyone have a reupload of Mario's recording?
If you receive it, I'd appreciate to receive a copy of it.
This is what I get for going away for Christmas. Can I grab a link for v3 as well please?

BTW does anyone know if this 3rd version is the cleaned up version that some guy was working on on Reddit?

shadmag wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 3:29 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
Bacon wrote:
This is what I get for going away for Christmas. Can I grab a link for v3 as well please?

BTW does anyone know if this 3rd version is the cleaned up version that some guy was working on on Reddit?
I'm not sure, but I have all 3 versions, the latest is the best imo. If anyone needs it (the third version, no WB and Syncopy logo in the beginning, some heads covering the very bottom of the screen), PM me in the next hour, I'll be here trying to solve the sator square. :D

crazy

shadmag wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 3:29 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
Bacon wrote:

I think the guy on reddit was a fake. He deleted all his posts and comments. I've pm'd him and he hasn't responded in a few days. I think he's doing it for attention since he has quite a bit of karma for someone with no posts or comments.