Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
In fairness I have been seeing many complaints from parents on Twitter about this. Apparently the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy IMAX also moved it to the post credits precisely because of this.

Also fantasy violence is different from grounded/real-world-based stuff...that's why SW, as violent as it may be, is far more suitable for under-13s than 6 minutes of Tenet. So I do see the point from those complaining.

Oku
antovolk wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:47 am
In fairness I have been seeing many complaints from parents on Twitter about this. Apparently the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy IMAX also moved it to the post credits precisely because of this.

Also fantasy violence is different from grounded/real-world-based stuff...that's why SW, as violent as it may be, is far more suitable for under-13s than 6 minutes of Tenet. So I do see the point from those complaining.
Fantasy, otherworldly universe with guns that shoot lasers that go pew-pew

vs.

Real-world setting with real guns depicting an audience in a theater being attacked by terrorists in shockingly vivid IMAX that only serves to heighten the sense of realism.

The complaints do have a point.

Hopefully seeing the prologue on the big screen in a few minutes. Only seen the bootleg until now. Really excited!

Sorry for my ignorance but are prologues released online ever? or are these always theatre only.

Follower wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 2:18 pm
Sorry for my ignorance but are prologues released online ever? or are these always theatre only.
Theatre only.

Also, guys, since this is Christmas, I have a present for all of you: I have the better quality prologue bootleg on me, so throw me a PM and I'll send it to you. Limited time offer, as I might soon get off to eat Christmas dinner until I die! Definitely write me a PM - I won't send it to anyone who asks for it here in the comments.

This is the first of Nolan's prologues that I caught in theaters. Found it odd that it was smack-dab in the middle of the trailers rather than what played right before the movie.

Like many of Nolan's films, attempting to understand the prologue on a single viewing is nearly impossible.