Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:04 am
What does JDW mean by saying
Covering their tracks.
and
They’re just the cheap seats.
in that closet?
just the cheap seats. he was referring to where the explosives were going.
It's all very confusing. I suppose there will be a setup before this scene.

It's absolutely remarkable how much information there is in 6 minutes. Every time I watch it I find something new.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:37 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Covering their tracks.
and
in that closet?
If they killed the VIP alone in a different way, people and media would be suspicious of them (the government/SWATs) but if they frame it as a bombing/terrorist attack, they wouldn’t be blamed for his death.

Cheap seats as in they don’t care about the audience being killed.

Again, I’m so curious to know what country the SWATs represent (Russia or Ukraine?) and how will they explain the actions the SWATs made.
Understood. Thx!

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:57 am
AhmadAli95 wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Covering their tracks.
and
in that closet?
If they killed the VIP alone in a different way, people and media would be suspicious of them (the government/SWATs) but if they frame it as a bombing/terrorist attack, they wouldn’t be blamed for his death.

Again, I’m so curious to know what country the SWATs represent (Russia or Ukraine?) and how will they explain the actions the SWATs made.
Understood. Thx!
You're wrong buddy
They do care about the audience. Which is why they were referring to putting the explosives in the cheap seats. cheap seats = high up (where the explosives went). Majority of audience was down up front.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Covering their tracks.
and
in that closet?

Last edited by mario80 on December 23rd, 2019, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

gropercity wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 3:04 am
You're wrong buddy
They do care about the audience. Which is why they were referring to putting the explosives in the cheap seats. cheap seats = high up (where the explosives went). Majority of audience was down up front.
You’re confused.
-Can you diffuse that?
-It’s centrally synchronized. Are there more?
-(Nods yes) They’re covering their tracks [referring to the real SWATs]
-Taking out the audience!
-They’re just the cheap seats [Referring to the audience and how they’re insignificant to the SWATs]
-Not our mission. [Referring to saving the audience]
-Mine now. [proceeds to collect bombs to get them out of the building therefore saving the people]

Due to being confronted with a real SWAT, he runs out of time and throws it up almost where the VIP was staying - which probably isn’t cheap at all by the way.

Cheap seats here is a metaphor not to be taken literally.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 3:23 am
gropercity wrote:
You're wrong buddy
You’re confused.
-Can you diffuse that?
-They’re just the cheap seats [Referring to the audience and how they’re insignificant to the SWATs]
-Mine now. [proceeds to collect bombs to get them out of the building therefore saving the people]

Due to being confronted with a real SWAT, he runs out of time and throws it up almost where the VIP was staying - which probably isn’t cheap at all by the way.

:gonf:

gropercity wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:57 am
AhmadAli95 wrote:

Understood. Thx!
You're wrong buddy
A terrorist attack is always intended to make the biggest impact. That is why they target important people (and when possible foreigners - for wider international coverage and time).

Furthermore, it makes so sense that only the most important person died along with cheap seats further removed from centre stage.

Ali is right.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 3:23 am
gropercity wrote:
You're wrong buddy
You’re confused.
-Can you diffuse that?

Your explanation makes zero sense. Also, "cheap seats" is never used as a metaphor in the way you want it to mean

If there's someone who really knows what's going on in this scene
what the fuck is happening? I only saw it once but I'm trying to piece it together. So there's a terrorist attack? Also SWAT is in on it? There's an important person that's being assassinated? JDW is saving this person as well as the audience? Who are the people in the van who get pissed at the end? They get pissed that he brought the wrong guy and not the VIP? Im seriously fucking confused. The clockwork orange dialogue didn't help either