TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Doesn't usually a poster arrive around the same time as the first trailer?

Okay, I'll try this with my poor English. :D
In the last couple of months I was reading a hungarian sci-fi novel about time travel and it had a very unique idea, but it was the most logical concept I've ever read in that topic. Now with the new line 'Time runs out' I'm starting to think that maybe this movie will have a similar idea. Not the same but similar.
In the novel: time travel is a common thing in the future, but it hase side effects, the distant future is very liquid, as somebody always changes it when he/she travels back in time. Some people have an implant that keeps them 'out of time continuum', so they're able to watch the world changing second by second, and they have their own relative linear timelines. The furthest point where you can travel in the future is getting closer and closer (at first it was around 3100, then the 26th century and so on) and scientists find out that the world is literally running out of time as nature is trying to set things back to normal.
My theory about the movie: I think in the movie's relative time (present days) time travel is not yet possible, but some people travel back from the future and they are trying to change things or they are escaping from something. I think they're not able to jump to a certain point in history, they need to relive the past but in reverse. JDW can be an agent who tries to join the group and put himself out of the linear timeline or maybe Pattinson is an agent and JDW is some kind of expert, who knows everything about the present world's history. But I'm sure time travel will make a terrible impact to the world.

It's a long shot, but these can be the last days of speculations, and "I'm not afraid to dream a little bigger, darling" :D
Last edited by quervo on December 13th, 2019, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excuse my ignorance, where is the Time Runs Out line coming from?

Miles wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 6:45 pm
header of the twitter account

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 6:48 pm
Miles wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 6:45 pm
header of the twitter account
Ahhh thanks!!

quervo wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 6:32 pm
My theory about the movie: I think in the movie's relative time (present days) time travel is not yet possible, but some people travel back from the future and they are trying to change things or they are escaping from something. I think they're not able to jump to a certain point in history, they need to relive the past but in reverse. JDW can be an agent who tries to join the group and put himself out of the linear timeline or maybe Pattinson is an agent and JDW is some kind of expert, who knows everything about the present world's history. But I'm sure time is travel will make a terrible impact to the world.
Interesting. Remember the Tallin pics in which JDW and Pattinson are wearing what seemed to be 1950's or 60's clothing? In no other on-set pictures did they wear anything similar. Maybe both of them are from the past and have traveled into the present to accomplish their mission.

I've read somewhere that the movie is about the Mirror Universe Theory which states that when the universe was created in the big bang it also created a alternative universe where everything that happens on earth happens on the alternative universe but backwards. I'm not sure how true this is but if it is it would explain the title of the movie, the backwards scenes , and the title rotating from white to black.

Aight Nolan leaves nothing uncovered....Do you think the color change from Black to white and vice versa is a play on the future and present or past present time periods with one color representing the past and the other the future? Good and Evil?

Also the line time runs out could be as simple as a rule to the time travel. One can only be in the time travel for a certain amount of time before being brought back to the present or future or past...depending on who is coming to the time of interest

nolan3181 wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 7:06 pm
I've read somewhere that the movie is about the Mirror Universe Theory which states that when the universe was created in the big bang it also created a alternative universe where everything that happens on earth happens on the alternative universe but backwards. I'm not sure how true this is but if it is it would explain the title of the movie, the backwards scenes , and the title rotating from white to black.
woah :o

would just be missing the motive for altering one of the time lines. maybe to create linearity between the two? I still think the rest of the names in the TENET square mean something as well.

Maybe the Tenet of time is the protagonist. Tenet is a principle or belief that is generally held to be true. A general truth is essentially a construct, and in the construct of how time moves, one can not go back. Just like language referring to eternity...the construct of time disallows human's to be able comprehend terms regarding endless time, because no human has existed in that realm.

"Time has come for a new protagonist." Tenet is centered on the poster, and is placed in two different settings...black and white. The colors could represent Time periods, good and evil, beginning and end, (the shift between black to white)? If someone were to change the rules of time, say for instance be able to manipulate it as a means to leap forward or go backwards, this essentially would be a destruction of our current tenet of time itself. In that regard, maybe time acts as the antagonist as well as its manipulation would destroy the Tenet.

So essentially at the core, TIME could be both the protagonist and antagonist, good and evil, light and dark...a palindrome.

Also on the rotating poster....only one T in TENET controls the screen change from white to black. I wonder if that plays into anything.

idk i just got out of a law exam my brain is dead.
Last edited by KingOfTheNorth on December 14th, 2019, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I'm definitely liking all these theories, I think we're not focusing on the scenario enough.

A unique world or concept is not a scenario, it doesn't really matter if "the movie is the same backwards and forward", or "JDW can go back in time if he does the same things in reverse" if the story's shit (it won't).

But yeah, I'd love to know more about the what rather than the how. "JDW chasing RP" in a reverse world would make a great commercial, but a shit film. Give us a story goddammit.