The Crown (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 7:14 am
Didn't expect them to cast someone now already!

Great pick imo, Staunton was amazing in The Order of the Phoenix, I have yet to see her Oscar nominated performance in Vera Drake.

I'm still at episode 3 of season 3 lol but so far I just love that it's top notch quality again. The first episode really took getting used to the new cast, but they're all terrific.

I hope they get Rampling after Staunton.

I figure season 5 will air in 2023? Seems fitting if they have a two year gap between the changing casts and it also make sense because they basically shoot the seasons back to back.

Most unlikely as 6 Seasons and they are done, I think that has been the plan from the start.

Staunton will be the last to inhabit the skin of Lizzy I'm afraid.

prince0gotham wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 4:37 pm
antovolk wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 7:57 pm
Imelda Staunton to be Queen in S5 and 6
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Crown.html
it's funny cuz since the cast is gonna be different they might as well just start shooting it already
lol they could

but some time off and focusing on what story they want to tell comes in handy too imo

Teslashelby wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 7:35 pm
Most unlikely as 6 Seasons and they are done, I think that has been the plan from the start.

The article states that they are not sure yet where they want to end the show. I figure they want to come to present day, which I would love, but since Lizzy is still reigning strong it's just weird to pick an ending because, you know, Charles is not King lol

Anyway, I hope we'll get at least two more seasons after Staunton. Rampling would be bliss.

Besides, if they choose to have a two year gap between season 4 and 5, that'd mean season 5 will air in 2022 with 6 in 2023 which means season 7 would air in 2025 if they continue to go like they are doing now and when season 8 would air Lizzie will turn 100.
I think Colman's story will end in the mid/late 80s, with Staunton spanning the 90s and 2000s with a possible season 7/8 in 2025/2026 spanning the 2010s and mid 2020s. Or am I wrong when it comes to how many years the seasons cover?

This season is sadly not as strong as S1&2. Still great, of course.

Love love Imelda Staunton.

Nomis wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:14 am
prince0gotham wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 4:37 pm
antovolk wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 7:57 pm
Imelda Staunton to be Queen in S5 and 6
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Crown.html
it's funny cuz since the cast is gonna be different they might as well just start shooting it already
lol they could

but some time off and focusing on what story they want to tell comes in handy too imo

Teslashelby wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 7:35 pm

The article states that they are not sure yet where they want to end the show. I figure they want to come to present day, which I would love, but since Lizzy is still reigning strong it's just weird to pick an ending because, you know, Charles is not King lol

Anyway, I hope we'll get at least two more seasons after Staunton. Rampling would be bliss.

Besides, if they choose to have a two year gap between season 4 and 5, that'd mean season 5 will air in 2022 with 6 in 2023 which means season 7 would air in 2025 if they continue to go like they are doing now and when season 8 would air Lizzie will turn 100.
I think Colman's story will end in the mid/late 80s, with Staunton spanning the 90s and 2000s with a possible season 7/8 in 2025/2026 spanning the 2010s and mid 2020s. Or am I wrong when it comes to how many years the seasons cover?

This has changed as the original idea was to take it to 6 seasons and be done, the aftermath of Diana's death.

I imagine Netflix and Morgan don't want this to outlive its welcome and this feels more British led than a American and we don't go in for endless series ( as we call them here) of our shows like in the U.S so I can see S6 hopefully being a full stop.

I say hopefully because as the old adage says you can have too much of a good thing and the events that will be covered in S5 and S6 seem like a logical end for this.

already can't wait for season 4 lol

Damn the Aberfan episode was intense

anarchy wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 7:21 pm
This season is sadly not as strong as S1&2. Still great, of course.
Overall perhaps. There are several episodes in s3 that are amoung the best in the series tho.