The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Ruth wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 7:52 pm
hopefully enough time left to try and mentally reconcile with the fact that penguin is suddenly hot now
Maybe they'll go with Yorgos Lanthimos' Collin Farrell
Or maybe even with a Guy Ritchie's Collin Farrell

I really like the idea of an Andy Serkis Alfred. It was pretty obvious that he would get a role in a Matt Reeves film and Alfred seems like a right fit.

Colin Farrell on the other hand I'm not sure yet. I fear that there will be little difference between Penguin and a generic Guy Ritchie English gangster.

yeah, i really do like the idea of Serkis being Alfred. I actually kinda see it.

Serkis is an inspiring choice, it will be interesting to see an Alfred in a film that is not an older man (no disrespect to Irons, Caine, or Gough).

I have no idea what to expect from Farrell as the Penguin, Reeves is certainly going with a different look that what we've seen from the comics and animated stuff. Also, Farrell has quite a different body type than Jonah Hill.

Around this time last year I was thinking Charlie Sheen could be an interesting penguin

Colin Farrell is bad.

kamarozy wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 7:52 pm
Around this time last year I was thinking Charlie Sheen could be an interesting penguin
think of all the snow...

anikom15 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 12:12 am
Colin Farrell is bad.
You're bad.

Ace
Exclusive: 'The Batman' Adds Up-and-Coming Juilliard Grad Jayme Lawson

Lawson’s role is being kept under wraps, but it’s a major get for the young actress, who is fresh out of Juilliard. She doesn’t even have an IMDb page yet, but she has signed with UTA, who will surely receive a flood of incoming calls about Lawson now that she’s in talks for a role in the hottest project in town.
Barbara Gordon?

https://collider.com/jayme-lawson-join ... ssion=true