Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
T3 is the real guilty pleasure for me lol

T3 is a lazy and uninspired copy of T2 with terrible action sequences in comparison. Salvation at least tried doing something different. Unfortunately the one sequel after the T2 that really had to be rated R wasn't and it really showed... Plus the whole leaked ending fiasco made the character of Marcus completely boring and mostly irrelevant after reshoots.

But it did have a badass John Connor, a unique feel to it and decent action. The story was all over the place but I had fun with it.

Yeah, to each their own. I just didn't think Salvation was very entertaining, it felt devoid of life. Besides the insane monochromatic future look (that night action scene with the helicopter and the water did look really good though), the seriousness seeps through every aspect of the film.

This also looks serious but the inclusion of Hamilton in a lead role makes me so excited.

Nomis wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 9:36 am
Yeah, to each their own. I just didn't think Salvation was very entertaining, it felt devoid of life. Besides the insane monochromatic future look (that night action scene with the helicopter and the water did look really good though), the seriousness seeps through every aspect of the film.

This also looks serious but the inclusion of Hamilton in a lead role makes me so excited.
I get what they were going fore Children of Men bleak vibe but I agree that it did look a bit bland. It's a shame it wasn't as visually interesting as the glimpses of war in T1 and T2. I would have loved a gritty Terminator war movie set in that time with a retro futuristic vibe with laser guns, a synth score, practical effects and that visual style.

I always thought Cameron would return to make a third Terminator film completely set in the future timeline lol

I think it's rather telling that he (Cameron) hasn't comeback and put himself back into the directional chair regarding this franchise.
Though,with him being consumed by his AVATAR films maybe I'm being alittle judgemental.

This is bombing. Likely will do around 26-28 million for the weekend.

Another high-profile franchise picture failing like Dark Phoenix, MIB 4, Rambo, and even Hobbs and Shaw underperformed. Likely will see the same in two weeks with the Charlie's Angels remake.

Hobbs and Shaw did 760M (174M domestically) on a budget of 200M. That's solid.

Master Virgo wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 1:47 am
Hobbs and Shaw did 760M (174M domestically) on a budget of 200M. That's solid.
Lot less than previous films in the series though and most box office pundits had the film clearing 200 million domestic.

radewart wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 12:12 am
This is bombing. Likely will do around 26-28 million for the weekend.

Another high-profile franchise picture failing like Dark Phoenix, MIB 4, Rambo, and even Hobbs and Shaw underperformed. Likely will see the same in two weeks with the Charlie's Angels remake.
Thank god this is happening
Wake up, Hollywood