Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Jean Smart

2 days left and we still don't know who plays as Manhattan, don't understand why it had to be kept as a secret.
stunt casting perhaps? who knows. would be hilarious if it was justin theroux. terry o'quinn for an "older" Dr. Manhattan (if such a thing could exist) would work too.

just to be absolutely clear, i am losing my shit in anticipation for this

-Vader
:lol: :lol:
It would be epic funny.

i read that as justin trudeau and got really confused

well the dude loves to paint his body but i don't think he can pull blueface off

Every aspect of this fucking sings. It updates the GN without feeling deferential to it, and lives or dies by its own injections of world building, theme, plot, and character. In that sense, it's totally a 2049 to Blade Runner situation, deepening and exploring co-related themes without ever smelling like fan service or like a cash grab. The trailers made this look a little "TV" but the actual content is far from. The score by my boys Trent and Atticus give the show a cinematic sweep.

I'm fucking hooked. You can tell they have a focused, specific story to tell over 9 episodes and will use each minute to do it. One of the best series debuts I've seen in ages.

-Vader

Oh my fucking Lord LINDELOF IS A GOD

4N Legend wrote:
October 20th, 2019, 11:14 pm
I guess that was the meaning of the ending of Lost all along then?

Very promising pilot. Feels really nice, the vibe, the tone, the mood, wasn't sold on the cinematography in the trailers but it turns out it's very well shot, it is TV obviously but strong production values for now. Excited to see where it goes. Oh and Reznor and Ross' score delivers the goods.

not super familiar with the source material, haven’t seen zaddy’s film either.

would it be worth it for me to start watching this?

4N Legend wrote:
October 20th, 2019, 11:14 pm
Lindelord

Ruth wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 6:39 am

Yup. It follows its own path, at this point the connections to the source material (specifically the comic, Snyder's film isn't canon while the original graphic novel is) are more Easter eggy than anything and leave even more questions when you start connecting the dots.

antovolk wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 7:30 am
Ruth wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 6:39 am

Yup. It follows its own path, at this point the connections to the source material (specifically the comic, Snyder's film isn't canon while the original graphic novel is) are more Easter eggy than anything and leave even more questions when you start connecting the dots.
Yeah don’t listen to this. It’s like watching 2049 without having seen blade runner. It “makes sense” but you’ll miss so much.

The GN takes 7 hours to read. Just read it lol.

-Vader