The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I hope they go for someone closer to Pattinson's age for Penguin. Fleshler seems a bit of a safe choice, also he was just in Joker lol so I really doubt they'll cast him to begin with

Also I still really want to see Kieran Culkin as the Penguin

Dano as The Riddler is a brilliant choice. That's almost the biggest casting news of this movie for me so far.

"A separate individual reached out to say we had it backwards — that Reeves wanted to cast Hill as the Penguin, but Hill wanted to play the Riddler, who is said to be the primary villain in the script."
Smart by Reeves. Jonah would have been a great Penguin but a terrible Riddler.

Dano rises booking lead villain. Since Reeves is casting pretty young for all roles... Paul Walter Hauser as Penguin. Get it done!

Allstar wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 6:44 pm
"the Riddler, who is said to be the primary villain in the script."

All these villains make the movie sound silly as fuck. LOL at the Riddler possibly being the primary villain in a Batman film, but who knows what Reeves and Dano might pull off.

I think the only way this film works is if they go extremely weird and balls out crazy, like massive amounts of blood and gore, drug use, dreams within dreams, religious symbolism, etc.

If not, then take it in another direction and have a Batman that operates during the day just as much as at night. Give Wayne an active social life full of sports, parties, and friends. Ditch Alfred and give Bruce a young Robin to pal around with. No Wayne Enterprises or high-tech bullshit, etc.

I always hated a "young Robin". It seems so irresponsible for Batman to take a kid out to help him fight monsters and other dangerous killers. Plus, it's a little creepy.

I like Robin to be college-aged like in the 90's animated series

radewart wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 8:26 pm
I always hated a "young Robin". It seems so irresponsible for Batman to take a kid out to help him fight monsters and other dangerous killers. Plus, it's a little creepy.

I like Robin to be college-aged like in the 90's animated series
He was college-aged in that series but had been fighting crime since he was a kid.

Robin (Dick or whomever) wouldn't have to necessarily be "Robin" out fighting crime. I just wanted to see Pattinson's dynamic with a kid. I think it would be interesting to see Bruce's relationship with a guy twenty years younger rather than a guy twenty years older. Maybe train the kid at some point or have him help out in such a way that isn't too irresponsible.

taopaipai wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:55 pm
All these villains make the movie sound silly as fuck. LOL at the Riddler possibly being the primary villain in a Batman film, but who knows what Reeves and Dano might pull off.

I think the only way this film works is if they go extremely weird and balls out crazy, like massive amounts of blood and gore, drug use, dreams within dreams, religious symbolism, etc.

If not, then take it in another direction and have a Batman that operates during the day just as much as at night. Give Wayne an active social life full of sports, parties, and friends. Ditch Alfred and give Bruce a young Robin to pal around with. No Wayne Enterprises or high-tech bullshit, etc.
Thank god you have nothing to do with this film.

How about Rudy Giuliani as Penguin?

>implying rudy can pose any challenge to the batman or gcpd

:lol: :lol: :lol: