Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Birth of a Nation (1915)

This was absolutely disgusting and astonishingly incredible. Perhaps cinema's biggest conundrum?

I still have to finish watching that

Justice League

Bland and forgettable. Didn't particularly dislike it though. Maybe it's because i didn't watched it in one seating.

The Lodge (2019)
This movie is bat shit crazy. Possibly the best horror film I've ever seen.

Village of the Damned (1960)

An enjoyable sci-fi/horror film about scary children. George Sanders is very good in this. I just felt that it was a bit strange that only one of the children got to speak for all of them the entire time.

8/10

Batfan175 wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Village of the Damned (1960)

An enjoyable sci-fi/horror film about scary children. George Sanders is very good in this. I just felt that it was a bit strange that only one of the children got to speak for all of them the entire time.

8/10
I also have just seen it! I really liked it as well.

Sanchez wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 7:03 pm
The Lodge (2019)
Are you being sarcastic or serious?

Forum Pro
Long time reader, first time poster.

I just watched Leaving Las Vegas.

Me and my family are huge Nicolas Cage fans and after watching the Boys, I wanted more of Elizabeth Shue, so I returned to this movie. I know Cage won Best Actor for this but it’s Shue’s movie, she carries the film and steals every seen that she’s in. It’s a shame that she didn’t win Best Actress that year, the award went to Susan Sarandon.

I really like how this movie looks at acceptance and dependency in a relationship with both characters accepting each other for who they are, with no judgement. Shue’s character struggles with wanting to save Cage, thus breaking their rules. I love the scene where she begs him to clean up and live for her. I do have one major flaw and that’s the sex scene. The sex scene was so bad and the outcome was very predictable.

Not my favorite Cage performance. I like my Cage huge and unhinged, I much prefer his performances in Face/Off and Adaptation but this is without a doubt one of his best films and one of the best films of the 90s.

LelekPL wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 3:08 am
Sanchez wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 7:03 pm
The Lodge (2019)
Are you being sarcastic or serious?
That was serious, I loved it

Rebel Without a Cause

i've seen this movie before, but i got a chance to see it on 35mm at a monthly film screening the philly film society does. the prints for all these movies have been mostly unrestored - 8 1/2 was in the best condition overall - aided, i think, by the lack of color inconsistencies that seem to happen with these pieced together prints

that being said, this is a movie that begs to be seen on the big screen, and despite it showing its age a bit (In a Lonely Place is a better Ray film, if you ask me), James Dean's performance and some of the famous moments (I GOT THE BULLETS), still give chills to this day