IT: Chapter Two (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
why was the tagline not "this time, it's personal"

Mi Cocaino is being dramatic as fuck, but this is definitely not as good as the first one. The pacing is all over the place, it relies way too much on flashbacks, Pennywise has nowhere as much to do this time as he did in Chapter 1, I didn’t “buy” every single cast member as their childhood counterparts, Mike is almost completely sidelined - most of this has already been said, so I’m not contributing much new.
It sucks Mike isn’t much of a character here. I realize it’s because the other characters don’t have much of a link to Derry anymore, and a portion of the film is spent trying to rebuild that connection, which pushes Mike aside, but still. Also, the flashbacks. I DO realize some of them are more needed than others as we witness them as our characters begin to regain memories and re-experience the events again, but holy damn chill.
I liked Chastain’s performance, because, as per usual, she’s incredibly talented, but I just struggle to “buy” her as Beverly. I don’t know what it is, but it felt like watching two separate people. I liked McAvoy in this. Hader and Ransone, however. Holy hell. Arguably two of my favorite things about this movie. After having such a terrifying and overall great presence in the first film, Skarsgård unfortunately just doesn’t have much to do here.

The film isn’t “scary”, but the first one also kinda wasn’t, although this one is even less so. This one just kind of fails to relive and match the atmosphere and energy of its predecessor. I think overall it’s not a bad film, but it doesn’t reach the greatness of the first one, that’s for sure. Also,
”kiss me, fat boy” made me snort laugh harder than it probably should have lmao

There were a lot of parts that were really funny lol.
Like the ending where they call Pennywise clown and make him shrink. I like died when they were saying "motherfucking clown." You just KNOW that is going to be a Twitter response video.
But overall I agree with you on everything else.

I think one thing I wish this film had is more scenes of the adults bonding. What I loved about the first one is how we got to see the kids interact a whole lot more. Here, every one is just separated. That's probably why my favorite scene is the dinner scene. We get to see them bond a lot and it's genuinely funny and sweet
that is until Pennywise starts to fuck with them.

seeing this friday, guess my hype is reserved lol

Tag urselves as the losers. I'm Bill because I had a childhood stutter

Forum Pro
Law
Artemis wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 12:00 am
Well, I'm Bill because not only did I have a childhood stutter but I still stutter.. soo

Law wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 12:49 am
Artemis wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 12:00 am
Well, I'm Bill because not only did I have a childhood stutter but I still stutter.. soo
I still kinda stutter too but it doesn't come out as much.

We can both be Bill.

I'm really Pennywise, I get off from scaring people.

I was always the class clown, so I'd be Richie... or Pennywise :P But I also don't like leaving my hometown so I could be Mike as a grown up.