The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What about now? @Supa_Ram LOL

radewart wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm
This could be a watershed moment for Vfx. If the Irishman and Will Smith's Gemini Man effectively pull of convincing de-aging then this may be how movies that have characters taking place over long periods of time are made.

Something like casting Ellen Burstyn to play an older version of Jessica Chastain in Interstellar may not be necessary anymore. Which is kinda cool and sad at the same time.
Meanwhile, Linklater proceeds with Merrily We Roll Along...

anarchy wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 6:16 am
radewart wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm
This could be a watershed moment for Vfx. If the Irishman and Will Smith's Gemini Man effectively pull of convincing de-aging then this may be how movies that have characters taking place over long periods of time are made.

Something like casting Ellen Burstyn to play an older version of Jessica Chastain in Interstellar may not be necessary anymore. Which is kinda cool and sad at the same time.
Meanwhile, Linklater proceeds with Merrily We Roll Along...
I say just go with Chinese deepfake technology for cheaper and faster vfx

Ace

FUCK YEAH MAN 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Just fucking let it be good, man. I need this.

Assuming they pull off the de-aging process. How are they going to handle the change in a person's voice? For instance, anyone familiar with Pacino in his younger days, knows he sounds nothing like he does now. If I"m looking at Pacino in his 30's or 40s in this movie and he sounds like a raspy 70 year old man--it's gonna be bizarre.

Skyab23 wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Assuming they pull off the de-aging process. How are they going to handle the change in a person's voice? For instance, anyone familiar with Pacino in his younger days, knows he sounds nothing like he does now. If I"m looking at Pacino in his 30's or 40s in this movie and he sounds like a raspy 70 year old man--it's gonna be bizarre.
Hoffa will be introduced in his late 40s so I don't think there will be a problem. They can pull of making them look like middle-aged guys.

The only question mark is the early days of Frank Sheeran, where De Niro is supposed to look like he's in his late 20s/early 30s. That's the big challenge.

Skyab23 wrote:
Lowering their pitch if that's effective. They might not even address it.

Jax_Teller wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 5:29 pm
Skyab23 wrote:
Lowering their pitch if that's effective. They might not even address it.
If they don't address it, that could be a major problem. Seeing a very young Pacino with old Pacino voice is going to be jarring. I'm not sure if Pacino is a smoker but his voice has gotten very raspy ove the years, which is common with smokers. For anyone familiar with his work in films like Godfather 1 &2, Serpico, etc, his voice sounds very different than it would once the 90s or so hit.