Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 5:19 am
well this didn’t even take 24 hours Image

-Vader
𝓭 𝓪 𝓶 𝓪 𝓰 𝓮 𝓭

Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 3:10 am
prince0gotham wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 3:01 am
The skepticism about this movie tells a lot about our forum
does it tho

i mean, todd philips

and frankly, the idea of joker as travis bickle is sorta innately uninteresting to me. i hope come october ill love it, but i'm still pretty skeptical about it all. i don't know what that point of view can add in general.

-Vader
I totally agree. Although, after all these reviews and praise I really, really want to check it out, and I hope I will love it. But you put it so nicely, the whole concept is uninteresting at first. I can imagine, though, that the film merely starts from that point and then it evolves into something else entirely.

As somebody who cannot wait to see this movie, I too am worried about how it's going to have a cultural impact for all the wrong reasons.

BlairCo wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 6:39 am
As somebody who cannot wait to see this movie, I too am worried about how it's going to have a cultural impact for all the wrong reasons.
How many banks were ground zeroed after FC? Twitter is blowing things up as usual. Critics especially.

m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 6:52 am
BlairCo wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 6:39 am
How many banks were ground zeroed after FC? Twitter is blowing things up as usual. Critics especially.
Yep and they’re prob projecting things onto the movie and assuming how people will react. Also, that review is fake, lmao. It’s brilliant satire though lol.

i doubt it’s going to have some real strong effect on the outside world, it’ll just make the interwebz more insufferable than ever

although when is the internet not insufferable anyway?

once the film is nominated for several oscars while having an x rating, gets accused of instigating murders, gets banned in the uk for decades and taken out of circulation by the director after death threats and protest outside his house we can start with the clockwork orange comparisons

Villain origin stories, who wants to see that? Let's watch more of the same old superhero origin stories instead.

Does the movie even need to have a huge impact on the culture? I mean that's what every movie strives for but some movies don't manage to leave that big an impact but that does not mean that they cannot still be good films in and of themselves.

I think the main problem here that I see is the adoption of the Joker as a mascot by toxic elements online as a validation of nihilistic and disgraceful attitudes and behaviours towards various groups of people.

if i plan on sitting out the gamer revolution that is inevitably coming after this movie in a bomb shelter, should i start buying food supplies now?