Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks fine. Sleek, well-made, and safe, giving mainstream audiences what they want, typical Abrams. I just hope the plot doesn't revolve around stopping some Death Star weapon again.

C3po though. Anyway, i agree with Virgo; go big or go home.

radewart wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 9:56 am
Looks fine. Sleek, well-made, and safe, giving mainstream audiences what they want, typical Abrams. I just hope the plot doesn't revolve around stopping some Death Star weapon again.
How about a derelict of one?

After TLJ I thought they’d ditch the whole Rey turns to dark side card completely. Guess I was wrong.

How many death stars can fit in a frame?

And is it possible for First Order to have so many in such a short time since ROTJ?

Any answers, besides it’s a fantasy and Death Star III planet was in the budget as well, please.

I’m sure the FO would have no trouble building an armada that size over a year, but look closer my friend. Those ain’t FO ships.

"btw, i don't care if dark rey is "real" or a "vision" or a "dream" or a "clone" - no matter what, it's a manifestation of a desire for evil and a splitting of self, something that thrills me from a storytelling level."

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 11:40 am
I’m sure the FO would have no trouble building an armada that size over a year, but look closer my friend. Those ain’t FO ships.

"btw, i don't care if dark rey is "real" or a "vision" or a "dream" or a "clone" - no matter what, it's a manifestation of a desire for evil and a splitting of self, something that thrills me from a storytelling level."

-Vader
That’s fine but I stand by it’s lame putting it in the trailer if that’s the case and I’m not being purposely cynical.
Cilogy wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 9:42 am
the trailers seem to be relying more on nostalgia and bait than anything else right now

Abrams is guilty until proven innocent
lol

Master Virgo wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 9:55 am
At 1:27 I really thought that's another death star beam type of thing for a sec, but I guess it's not big enough to be that, right? Right?
it better not be

Nomis wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 9:55 am
At 1:27 I really thought that's another death star beam type of thing for a sec, but I guess it's not big enough to be that, right? Right?
it better not be
the star destroyers all have massive canons on the bottom so i'm guessing it's one of those.

has anybody here (besides Armand) read Dark Empire, the famous post-ROTJ graphic novel?

it's very possible TROS is borrowing a lot from that. In it, there's a super star destroyer from a clone Emperor Palpatine called The Eclipse with a mini-death star canon in its nose. in it, Luke "goes evil" as a sleeper agent pretending to be Palpatine's new apprentice but ends up semi-turning to the dark side. it seems as though there are pretty striking similarities between Dark Empire and TROS..

-Vader

Elements of this trilogy's plot almost feel like they're solely being constructed with the intent to create good trailer fodder.