Mulan (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Considering the freaking 300M that they spent on this, they better be concerned of their stupid star not being able to shut her mouth when she should.

tbh I doubt this will be forgotten...

No more AAA movies in Hollywood for her, well not Disney at least.

I read someone theorizing that Disney isn't even concerned because her statement will make the government/people of China want to support the film, which will make them considerably more money than coming out and allying themselves with HK...

lol whether they are concerned or not, the outcome will probably be the same... i.e. I think it'll make enough money to be a success in China alone lol

disney probably told her to say it

Then why are they hiding her now? Also wouldn't they naturally want to appeal to both sides by not taking any political stances?

Master Virgo wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 11:05 pm
Then why are they hiding her now? Also wouldn't they naturally want to appeal to both sides by not taking any political stances?
Honestly...they're still managing to do that because they haven't made a public statement on it. I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to give her permission to say something like that so China hails this movie in a positive light while they continue to remain quiet as a company, but I'd still say it's seriously unlikely.