Lady and the Tramp (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Unlike The Lion King, the movie's dogs are set to be played by real animals with VFX presumably only used to portray them talking.
Played by Justin Theroux and Tessa Thompson, Lady and the Tramp will be joined by Janelle Monae as Peg, Sam Elliot as Trusty, Benedict Wong as Bull, and Ashley Jensen as a female version of Jack. On the human side of things, Kiersey Clemons and Thomas Mann will play the Dear family, while Yvette Nicole Brown has been cast as Aunt Sarah.

Ugh I can't take this anymore. Just ignore these atrocities and watch the 2D animated ones.

why no live action like cats!

Already better than Lion King!

Babe way is the right way.

Why is this better than Lion King? You're still missing the human expressions of classic animation but at least with Lion King, animals didn't have to be used for shooting a film (I'm sure they took good care of the dogs on set but still it's better not to force them to "act" if you can).

I guess you can make a case that it makes more sense financially and that CG animators aren't as overworked and underpayed for their skills as they would normally be, but still, the end result is more or less the same when compared to The Lion King.

LelekPL wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 4:34 am
Why is this better than Lion King? You're still missing the human expressions of classic animation but at least with Lion King, animals didn't have to be used for shooting a film (I'm sure they took good care of the dogs on set but still it's better not to force them to "act" if you can).

I guess you can make a case that it makes more sense financially and that CG animators aren't as overworked and underpayed for their skills as they would normally be, but still, the end result is more or less the same when compared to The Lion King.
But you won't get human expressions unless it's fully animated via either hand drawn or CGI style (and I'm thinking either Pixar or Disney animation, not photoreal); and with this at least you're getting the real deal, the real animal eyes. And like I said, Babe worked, this works as well. It's simpa, rather than emotionless and bland.

Pratham wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 3:06 am
why no live action like cats!
don't remind me of that horror