Mindhunter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
I'm on episode 5 of S2. Really digging it.. and as much as I love Fincher, it was a great surprise to see Dominik doing some of these episodes.

Law wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 12:54 am
I'm on episode 5 of S2. Really digging it.. and as much as I love Fincher, it was a great surprise to see Dominik doing some of these episodes.
honestly episode 5 is the best ep of the season and Dominik knocked it out of the park

i have one left. the last 4 episodes of the season, the last two especially (7 and 8) almost seem like a feature length procedural Zodiac style and the whole season sparks to life. i have misgivings about various arcs and so on, all of which are obvious, but in general this is super great. every character is mostly written and performed with intelligence, with some exceptions.

like... in episode 8:
Wendy having a total meltdown because her new girlfriend tries to appease her ex just to see her kid is completely fucking absurd lol. almost as absurd as bryan becoming a confused sadist who's constantly lit and scored like the anti-christ.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 1:23 am

like... in episode 8:
Wendy having a total meltdown because her new girlfriend tries to appease her ex just to see her kid is completely fucking absurd lol. almost as absurd as bryan becoming a confused sadist who's constantly lit and scored like the anti-christ.

-Vader
That was a terrible scene on it's own but having something like this near the end of the season made it look even more awful.

Vader182 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 1:23 am
Law wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 12:54 am
honestly episode 5 is the best ep of the season and Dominik knocked it out of the park

i have one left. the last 4 episodes of the season, the last two especially (7 and 8) almost seem like a feature length procedural Zodiac style and the whole season sparks to life. i have misgivings about various arcs and so on, all of which are obvious, but in general this is super great. every character is mostly written and performed with intelligence, with some exceptions.

like... in episode 8:

-Vader
Wendy is of course wrong but she is pointing out a genuine hypocrisy which is fair. Both were being unreasonable. I think Bryan is lit and scored like that only from Tench's paranoid POV. The kid is autistic and needs help but Tench's work is making him think the worst.
But yeah, ep 5 is a masterclass. The direction in the last 4 eps are fantastic, if someone told me Fincher did it, I would believe it.

If you told me that was real Charles Manson in episode 05, I would believe you.

shit you guys i’m reading all of this thread and still am not watching this lol

Aaand done after insane binge! The only ‘problem’ with the series is that it’s based on real life and real life often sucks.

Episode 5 just has to be nominated for all the Emmy's next year. Mastpiece of an episode.

Forum Pro
Law
I'm on E6 and this is my favorite shot of the series so far
Can anyone tell me why this stands out so much to me? Vader? Solo? m4? Someone.. I had to rewind it.