The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LEXX wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:34 am
What I'm saying is just make a solid movie. Don't go too philosophical because if you don't get it right it's the end of The Matrix once again. Just like the 2nd and 3rd one when they try to build the philosophical upon the first one that all went wrong and destroy the meaning of the first movie. Just fucking leave the philosophical of the first one alone and just go out there and concentrate on a solid script. Don't be a Prometheus/Convenant or Revolutions/Reloaded. Be a Blade Runner 2049.
Blade Runner 2049 had philosophy and subtext in it tho lmao

Artemis wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:59 am
LEXX wrote:
What I'm saying is just make a solid movie. Don't go too philosophical because if you don't get it right it's the end of The Matrix once again. Just like the 2nd and 3rd one when they try to build the philosophical upon the first one that all went wrong and destroy the meaning of the first movie. Just fucking leave the philosophical of the first one alone and just go out there and concentrate on a solid script. Don't be a Prometheus/Convenant or Revolutions/Reloaded. Be a Blade Runner 2049.
You don't get it do you? Sure they can have some philosophy subtext but there's no need for them to going all deep and trying to explain the shit. It's not like BR2049 philosophy is that deep/complex compare to The Matrix. What philosophy been said/cover in the first movie doesn't need to be explained.

LEXX wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:25 am
Fuck YESSS! Keanu Reeves revival must have an effect on this happening. Please be GOOD! They don't need to go philosophically deep like the first one. Just please write /deliver a solid script.
If you think Lana Wachowski is going to compromise phylosophical aspects of The Matrix after she already delivered a deeply phylosophical trilogy and with Trinity seemingly back from the dead, just like Neo... well, good luck and see you in two plus years.

the matrix: zion ascending

Ace wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 4:12 pm
‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matr ... ssion=true
Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering the Matrix with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe. ”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksander Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.
WHAT

I'm just like

omg

The Matrix Trilogy is incredible and I love them so much but

What?

The story better be real fucking good lol

Also pls shoot on film also pls don't shoot everything in front of a green screen also pls go heavy with that cinematography again pls

so just Lana alone? :think:

YESSS! If Lana is in, I'm in.

LEXX wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 2:22 am
Artemis wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:59 am
LEXX wrote:
You don't get it do you? Sure they can have some philosophy subtext but there's no need for them to going all deep and trying to explain the shit. It's not like BR2049 philosophy is that deep/complex compare to The Matrix. What philosophy been said/cover in the first movie doesn't need to be explained.
Nah I get it
I get that ur kind of lame dull :P

I'm in. Why not? I can't be disappointed after 2 and 3 so we might as well give them another stab at it. If it sucks, it sucks. No big deal. But if it's great, then BRING IT ON!