Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I just saw Pale Rider, which I quite liked, and it reminded me how much more films of Eastwood I've got left to watch lol

I've already seen quite a bunch but for instance: never came around to watching the Dirty Harry films. How are they? And how are Eastwood's other (often standalone) Westerns? Which would y'all recommend

Nomis wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 5:17 pm
I just saw Pale Rider, which I quite liked, and it reminded me how much more films of Eastwood I've got left to watch lol

I've already seen quite a bunch but for instance: never came around to watching the Dirty Harry films. How are they? And how are Eastwood's other (often standalone) Westerns? Which would y'all recommend
I'm assuming you've seen his Sergio Leone films....

If you haven't seem'em, Unforgiven and The Outlaw Josey Wales are also must.

I also liked Two Mules for Sister Sara and High Plains Drifter.

The Dirty Harry films after the first one aren't that great. Second one is okay

Where Eagles Dare is a great WWII flick. Kelly's Heroes is pretty good, too.

It's not for everyone and is kinda old fashioned in its sensibilities compared to today's films, but Every which Way but Loose is kinda fun in a cheesy way and is a quintessential Eastwood performance. It's the one with the orangutan

Nomis wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Eastwood's canon has some gems in it. High Plains Drifter rules.

Yeah, I have seen the Leone films, Unforgiven and Where Eagles Dare. I haven't seen the other ones yet.

Thanks for the replies :gonf:

Nomis wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 5:53 am
Yeah, I have seen the Leone films, Unforgiven and Where Eagles Dare. I haven't seen the other ones yet.

Thanks for the replies :gonf:
In addition to High Plains Drifter, would recommend:

Play Misty for Me
Breezy
White Hunter Black Heart
The Bridges of Madison County
A Perfect World

Beyond, of course, some of the more lauded 21st century efforts. Beyond that there are a few curios worth a look but your mileage may vary:

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'
Bronco Billy
True Crime
Blood Work
The Gauntlet

The Dirty Harry films are a really mixed bag. I appear to be the only person who likes The Enforcer the best of the sequels.

Thanks man. Just watched High Plains Drifter, quite some similarities with Pale Rider (I know it's vice versa since this came out 13 years before but you know what I mean lol) but I rather liked this one too.

I'll add all of them to the (ever-growing) list :thumbup:

having a crappy mood. recommend me a film to help me have less of a crappy mood lol

Ruth wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:39 pm
having a crappy mood. recommend me a film to help me have less of a crappy mood lol
Morning Glory

It is such a wholesome and cute film and Rachel McAdams is cute as a button in it.

Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:40 pm
Ruth wrote:
Morning Glory

It is such a wholesome and cute film and Rachel McAdams is cute as a button in it.
Oh I totally agree! I've seen it quite a few times, was looking for something new (to me) this time around.

Ruth wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:53 pm
Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:40 pm
Ruth wrote:
Morning Glory

Oh I totally agree! I've seen it quite a few times, was looking for something new (to me) this time around.
You see the Paddington kinos yet?