Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think I def need to see it again. I haven't like much of the Tarantino films I've seen but this one was just great and it sticks with you.

So subtle, beautiful, dreamy, and funny too. It's also such a great summer movie (it basically is like a summer day, dreamy, sunshine, and just never ending happiness).

Pitt and Robbie's performances need an Oscar like yesterday.

i'm with you guys. i have a feeling OUATIH is gunna be in regular rotation at home for a long time.

-Vader

You know what guys, I want to one-up myself at the delulu game and say I love it more than Pulp Fiction.

Throw the first stone.

Ruth wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:15 pm
You know what guys, I want to one-up myself at the delulu game and say I love it more than Pulp Fiction.

Throw the first stone.
I like it more than Pulp Fiction too lol

Artemis wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Ruth wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Throw the first stone.
I like it more than Pulp Fiction too lol
well that’s because you obviously don’t have a quentin tarantino shrine in your bedroom. i have to upkeep my image.

Ruth wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:05 pm
not spoilers really but just in case
it holds you away just far enough to make you bittersweet to realize it was all a mere fantasy.
What a good way to phrase this. This is what made the ending so powerful to me.

Vader182 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:11 pm
i'm with you guys. i have a feeling OUATIH is gunna be in regular rotation at home for a long time.

-Vader
the 4K blu-ray is going to be quite something

this film is absolutely gorgeously made

the 35mm was stunning

I'm a bit tempted to see this in 35mm again but I just found out that the theatre which screens it in 35mm also screens it in 4K

Bacon wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:27 pm
Ruth wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:05 pm
not spoilers really but just in case
it holds you away just far enough to make you bittersweet to realize it was all a mere fantasy.
What a good way to phrase this. This is what made the ending so powerful to me.
I do agree the ending is indeed powerful. And it’s QT’s most emotional and intimate, although it’s pretty subdued, so not everyone might pick up on that.
it’s so fitting that the very last minutes of the film feel so heaven-like. It could be interpreted as Rick “ascending” towards a better career and who will from now on be able to mix with the best of the best in Hollywood, but to me it also read as very honorific to the victims.
Also, somebody just needs to somehow send a copy of this movie to
Tex Watson and Krenwinkel straight to prison. Like start a petition or something lmao you know it’d be funny as shit.

I knew I shudda went and seen Hobbs & Shaw instead

Dodd wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 6:28 am
I knew I shudda went and seen Hobbs & Shaw instead
LMFAO