Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Vader182 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 8:03 pm
well "groper city" Scott is one of the reigning king's of box office analysis and speculation in the entire industry so i don't know if being factually mistaken on a relatively banal point is cause to call him a 'tool'

-Vader
He flat out makes an erroneous statement. Journalists today don't do any research. they just blurt stuff out

He specifically mentioned IMAX so he probably meant the prologues not the teasers.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 8:28 pm
He specifically mentioned IMAX so he probably meant the prologues not the teasers.
But even so, TDK's prologue was released 6 months out, contained a lot of content, and was released in HD on the Batman Begins Blu-Ray...The guy is factually wrong regardless of his reputation, and he's spreading misinformation.

The guy literally said it's too weak for an online release.

Honestly, I believe him. What's more interesting is that Dunkirk's teaser had vibes that were 100% different from the movie itself. I won't go as far as to call it misleading but it set me up for a different movie altogether.

There was no scence in Dunkirk that was not teased through marketing / TV spots / trailers. If you saw all of them you had nothing to discover in the movie at all.

These are facts.

Bacon wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 8:29 pm
But even so, TDK's prologue was released 6 months out, contained a lot of content, and was released in HD on the Batman Begins Blu-Ray...The guy is factually wrong regardless of his reputation, and he's spreading misinformation.
To get the prologue on disc is different than it being released online but I see you your point. He definitely mixed things up.

I do find it interesting how a teaser that he considers a "nothing sandwich" would be sent to theaters all over the world and would be guarded with so much secrecy, but at the same time is considered to be 'not enough' or not worthy of a an online release event. How is different than the Dunkirk teaser which mostly showed shots not featured in the film, title cards, and a short clip?

blackColumn wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm
The guy literally said it's too weak for an online release.

Honestly, I believe him. What's more interesting is that Dunkirk's teaser had vibes that were 100% different from the movie itself. I won't go as far as to call it misleading but it set me up for a different movie altogether.

There was no scence in Dunkirk that was not teased through marketing / TV spots / trailers. If you saw all of them you had nothing to discover in the movie at all.

These are facts.
There's no such thing as too weak for an online release. All the Nolan teasers were released online, including TDK teaser which had zero footage. The guy is wrong.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Sharkboy wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 5:45 pm
This is why I don’t like discussing this crap, there’s way too much baseless assumptions that get mistaken for scoop. What ‘word’ there’s nothing but speculation based on people’s impatience and frustration, there’s been absolutely no actual sources stating that it won’t be released.

Also this is an announcement teaser, they don’t do them much anymore because most studios correctly figured how pointless it was to hype a film that’s a year out. These teasers are just to let the world know the film exists. So all this bull crap about logical timing, peak hype, missed opportunity is stupid. There’s absolutely no bearing for anyone but the dozens of people on here that are going to watch it anyway.
Dude, are you for real?

There's been absolutely no actual sources stating that it will be released either.

Have you been following how trailers are being released lately? A trailer gets rated to be attached to a certain movie in cinemas and then it drops online days before the first showings or right before the first showings in the US. That happened with Dunkirk. It didn't happen with Tenet. It wasn't rated beforehand (internationally at least). There was no announcement, it was just sent to cinemas.

Teasers are released to generate hype for movies otherwise they already have press releases to announce the movies and let the people know they exist. Teasers get released so they get people talking about the movie. No matter if it's a year or a couple months in advance.

Once people started seeing the teaser, they reported every where, hype started building. So many outlets starting talking about it - that hype, that exposure could've been boosted and taken advantage of (that's what most studios would do). You don't wait till the hype cools down and then release whatever you set to release. Trailers, TV spots, Instagram ads closer to release are also there to continue and generate hype. If you can't comprehend that, it's not our problem dude.
So let me get this straight. Your retort to ‘there are no sources stating this unusual situation where a theatrical teaser won’t be released online’ is ‘there are no sources to state that it will’ you know, despite the fact that they always do. :lol: I like you, you’re the gift that keeps on giving with this shit.

Let me state this clearly so you understand, the film is a year out. Most audiences that matter (aka not me and you) are the casual audience who don’t really care about a film unless it’s around the corner. Most people won’t care about this film until a real trailer comes out. An announcement teaser, is akin to a press release(which was also reported everywhere as well). How do I know this? Because not everyone is obsessed about Nolan’s film work as me or you (enough to post on one of his forums) and they aren’t gonna skip out on a film that looks good if they weren’t hyped on it a year ago. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I actually can’t wait for this teaser to come out now, so you can dull away and make more harebrained factoids about something else.

It's funny seeing so many people flip out over a 40 second teaser trailer not being released on the internet for several weeks now. Who cares at this point? I'd rather just wait until the first full length trailer comes out in the next few months, probably in December.

HorrorBiz wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 3:13 am
It's funny seeing so many people flip out over a 40 second teaser trailer not being released on the internet for several weeks now. Who cares at this point? I'd rather just wait until the first full length trailer comes out in the next few months, probably in December.
The first full trailer will no doubt drop with Star Wars in december. And an IMAX prologue would be a nice bonus ;)
Last edited by gropercity on August 18th, 2019, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

If it wasn't clear enough from my previous recent posts on here...I can't say how/where I heard but I'm pretty certain an online release definitely isn't on the cards. It's cinema exclusive - unless Nolan changes his mind.
HorrorBiz wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 3:13 am
You know, you and Scott Mendelson are tight and I hate it lol. Brief and sparse teasers like this unfortunately don't work for a general audience online today. There's a reason only Nolan and Disney do teaser trailers like this, most are dropping substantial 2 and a half/3 minute pieces with more footage/laying down the story from the get go (and I'm not talking smaller releases starting marketing 5/4 months out, talking blockbusters, even the MCU and DC films have, Endgame aside, done away with 'classic' teasers). Hell, even did a whole piece on this trend on TT last year after how badly people reacted to the Aladdin and Toy Story 4 teasers. Both, like this one, were built more to be seen on the big screen and - more importantly - when you don't know it's coming. But when you actively look it up, people expect different things and react accordingly.