All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The making of The Abyss is a must watch imo

There do exist 4K remasters of both The Abyss and True Lies. Cameron just hasn't had time/made time to review them. He said it takes them some 14 hours per film or so.

T2's remaster is pretty iffy, so while I hope Cameron will review the remasters sooner rather than later, I don't think it means we'll get fantastic 4K remasters... I can only hope they'll rival the remasters of T1 and Aliens.

Nomis wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:08 am

There do exist 4K remasters of both The Abyss and True Lies. Cameron just hasn't had time/made time to review them. He said it takes them some 14 hours per film or so.

T2's remaster is pretty iffy, so while I hope Cameron will review the remasters sooner rather than later, I don't think it means we'll get fantastic 4K remasters... I can only hope they'll rival the remasters of T1 and Aliens.
The 4K transfer of The Abyss is out there on Netflix, I watched the TC on Netflix (in France) and it was so crisp, no doubt it's the new transfer.

For the shameful UHD BD for T2, don't know what the fuck happened. Cameron must have supervised the 3D transfer, and they just grabbed that and used the DNRed, degrained, waxy mess for the 2D. The Lionsgate BD remains the best there is. A shame we'll probably never get the 4K transfers without DNR, so pissed.

What about True Lies, Jim.

Jax_Teller wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 4:29 pm
Nomis wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:08 am

The 4K transfer of The Abyss is out there on Netflix, I watched the TC on Netflix (in France) and it was so crisp, no doubt it's the new transfer.

For the shameful UHD BD for T2, don't know what the fuck happened. Cameron must have supervised the 3D transfer, and they just grabbed that and used the DNRed, degrained, waxy mess for the 2D. The Lionsgate BD remains the best there is. A shame we'll probably never get the 4K transfers without DNR, so pissed.
omfg I need that 4K The Abyss on my netflix yesterday, did they made it available in 4K/HDR?

Yeah that T2 blu-ray is something to be ashamed of. Such a waste. T1 looks amazing on blu-ray.

That's a wrap, Na'vi Nation! 💙

It's our last day of live-action filming in 2019, and we're celebrating with a sneak peek. 👀

Check out this photo of the aft well deck section of the Sea Dragon, a massive mothership that carries an array of other sea-going craft in the sequels.

source

From the Avatar ride:
Marine creatures look pretty cool tbh

Well the first sequel is still two years away from now

lol

Cameron:
“From 2013 until now we’ve mostly designed the whole world across four new movies. We’ve written, finished scripts for all four of those films. We’ve cast them, and we’ve [performance] captured movie 2, movie 3, and the first part of movie 4. We’re mostly done with the live action. I’ve got a couple months in New Zealand in spring, so we’re kind of on track with what we set out to do.
People don’t really understand the scope and complexity of the process. It’s like making two and a half big animated films. A typical big animated film takes about four years, so, if you do the math on that, we’re kind of right on schedule for December 2021.”
source