Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
poplar wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:11 am
I think they missed an opportunity to hype people for this movie. Question is why.
Because the movie is almost one goddamn YEAR away from release. There's absolutely no need to create hype now. A big marketing push should be made 3 months before the premiere. Anything more is just overkill.

You can put small teasers like this to announce the general audience that this film is in existence. But unless you are bragging about something groundbreaking in technology, something that the audience absolutely cannot miss, like the first Avatar or a sequel/prequel/remake to the most popular IP in history after many years, something that makes this an event like no other, there's really no need to market the movie so early.

Seems really improbable they won't release the teaser. Most likely their just waiting for it to play out in movie theaters.

blackColumn wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:31 am

If it was 'just a teaser for a film' people won't be bootlegging it and youtube won't be actively removing it. Seriously man, you can be arrested at the airport for having a cinema recording of this in any electronic device.
Try quoting the whole thing next time.

The bootlegs come from fans, there’s no one on this forum that this film needs to be marketed to. We were in before it was announced. The film needs to be marketed to the people that won’t really have this on their radar until about 4 months out. This teaser is merely to announce its existence, it’s no real bearing to its overall marketing success.

In a day we got the trailer for 'Portrait of a Lady on Fire', the trailer for Terrence Malick's 'A Hidden Life', and are about to get the trailer for 'Little Women'... Yet the teaser for 'TENET' is still nowhere to find online.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 11:54 am
In a day we got the trailer for 'Portrait of a Lady on Fire', the trailer for Terrence Malick's 'A Hidden Life', and are about to get the trailer for 'Little Women'... Yet the teaser for 'TENET' is still nowhere to find online.
There’s a bootleg out there if you want it that bad.

Why do people speak of a "missed opportunity"? It's almost a year until the movie hits the screens. Give me a break.

With an original property it's not unreasonable to want to keep it in conversations and make people aware of it as quickly as possible. Build mystery and give something tangible that audiences can share with one another and theorize about. Half of the purpose of a teaser is so fanatics like us have something we can share with disconnected audience members that will intrigue them. I remember talking about Dunkirk and Interstellar to my friends and they were uninterested or forgot what the film was until I showed them the teasers -- both of which grabbed their attention well. And Tenet's teaser is perhaps better than both of those tbh.

Hoping for something beautiful like these