Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
shadoW wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:09 am
The music in the trailer is phenomenal, can't get enough of it.
Same here and I really hope its Goransson. Cannot wait for the official trailer - need that music in my phone right now! :P

Forum Pro
I keep watching the teaser just to hear the music.

The music reminds me of this Kanye West song called God Level, which was featured in an Adidas commercial for the World Cup a few years back.

There used to be a 320kpbs instrumental floating around but here's the ad.

https://youtu.be/L5kPJqDTFdo?t=73

ChristMAX wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 3:35 am
Not the hero we deserved, but the hero we needed
Yea, this might be right

I'd rather prefer Danny Elfman. You're probably thinking I'm joking, but I'm serious. Elfman is severely underappreciated as a composer for tense, serious films. People either know him for his wackadoo scores for Burton's films or his Spider-Man scores, but if you take a deeper look at his filmography, you'll find some really unique gems that can rival Zimmer's best works. Hell, just compare their scores for two movies about the same character. And no, I'm not talking about Batman. I'm talking about Hannibal Lector. Elfman's score for the Red Dragon outdoes Zimmer's score for the Hannibal in every way. If he worked with Nolan, he could've easily made a great, tense score on the level of Zimmer, if not greater.

Ludwig is the man. :gonf:

Batman's Batman wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 7:07 pm
I'd rather prefer Danny Elfman. You're probably thinking I'm joking, but I'm serious. Elfman is severely underappreciated as a composer for tense, serious films. People either know him for his wackadoo scores for Burton's films or his Spider-Man scores, but if you take a deeper look at his filmography, you'll find some really unique gems that can rival Zimmer's best works. Hell, just compare their scores for two movies about the same character. And no, I'm not talking about Batman. I'm talking about Hannibal Lector. Elfman's score for the Red Dragon outdoes Zimmer's score for the Hannibal in every way. If he worked with Nolan, he could've easily made a great, tense score on the level of Zimmer, if not greater.
That's a 100% fair point. Red Dragon's score was solid - much better than Hannibal from a composition perspective. I wonder though how Zimmer feels Hannibal stacks up compared to his other work. He was off his game a bit I think.
Elfman has a darker tone that could go well with the right Nolan film. If Nolan ever did like pseudo-horror/Hitchcockian, which he totally should.

Never cared for Elfman, too fairy-taley for my personal taste. Liked his work on Raimi's Spider-Man (who didn't?), but other than that...

I've only heard Ludwig in Black Panther, but that score was incredibly catchy and dynamic. If teaser trailer music is any indication of the feel of Tenet's score, we're in for a marvelous treat. Working on a Nolan epic is a dream job for any film composer, surely.

cclem wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:29 am
Red Dragon's score was solid - much better than Hannibal from a composition perspective. I wonder though how Zimmer feels Hannibal stacks up compared to his other work. He was off his game a bit I think.

Never heard the Red Dragon score, but the Hannibal score is underrated.

Teaser music has resemblance with a tamil folk dance number from a hit South Indian movie!

CakeLessEgg wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 2:51 pm
Teaser music has resemblance with a tamil folk dance number from a hit South Indian movie!
Link?? You serious Clark?