Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collector03601 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:02 am
Someone mentioned JDWs character
opens his eyes when inspecting the second bullet hole. After watching it so many times I think his eyes are opened all the time, we just see light reflection as he takes a look at the bullet hole at the very last moment. To me that only confirms that it is really shot backwards so it started with him standing there looking at the bullet hole, then eyes straight and walking backwards.
I noticed it! :twothumbsup:

hotsauce32 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:34 am
Releasing today, 8/8 for the sake of the palindrome motif. 12:21 PM.
Source? Real or joking?
And, what timezone of 12:21 PM?

JamesS7 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 6:29 am
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:34 am
Releasing today, 8/8 for the sake of the palindrome motif. 12:21 PM.
Source? Real or joking?
And, what timezone of 12:21 PM?
Joking. Come on, people.

Say with me:

In this night and in this hour
We call upon the ancient power
Bring your teaser to we Nolan fans
We want the teaser
Give us the teaser

quervo wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 5:56 am
Collector03601 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:02 am
Someone mentioned JDWs character
opens his eyes when inspecting the second bullet hole. After watching it so many times I think his eyes are opened all the time, we just see light reflection as he takes a look at the bullet hole at the very last moment. To me that only confirms that it is really shot backwards so it started with him standing there looking at the bullet hole, then eyes straight and walking backwards.
That was me probably.
There is one frame where it seems that his eyes are closed, but now I'm not sure. But i want to catch up with you guys about that backward-moving theory. Why is this teaser a proof for that? Why is it more acceptable that he moves backwards? I really don't find anything unnatural about his movement, in all the other shots people are moving forward certainly. And even for this crew it is impossible to make actors do certain actions backwards. What if they need to jump? How will they do it that way? And we saw that the main(ish) characters and their vehicles are moving naturally, while the extra cars did the reversing.
There's another interesting thing. I'm quite sure that the footages between "From Christopher Nolan" and "John David Washington" and the one after that are not from the same take. When he steps for the second hole, he starts his move earlier. It can be a mistake by the teaser editor but I highly doubt that.
It was very hard to see all the details at first and Im sure it will be more clear when its released online so we were all pretty much just guessing.
To me it looks a bit off when he walks to the second hole. The way he placed his hand and then looked at the hole after that. Seems a bit weird. Like normaly you would first look at the place where you will be placing your hand right? Not after. The smoke looks a bit odd too, but thats maybe just because we dont know what the scene is about yet.

We cant tell whats going to happen, but it seems these shots of inspecting the bullet are important as they are showing them the longest and they also feel important. With Nolan thats the beauty of knowing something is definitely happening there, but no idea what. Maybe not story related, but as it was mentioned something new and innovative. If there will be scenes shot backwards Im sure he wrote the script in a way that they could film it in camera. No one knows at this point, so maybe we are all wrong with our assumptions, but its definitely fun inspecting the little footage that we have. :gonf:

To all Nolan fans who are too eager to get Tenet teaser online

I think it's obvious he's going backwards. Besides, it's curious that the character appears from behind.
The movement when he turn around makes it clear that the actor did it backwards.
Last edited by Picasso on August 8th, 2019, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

is it ever coming online

At this point, chances of that are on the up and up.

Nomis wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 8:52 am
is it ever coming online
it already did. But we're going backwards.