Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Bacon wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 2:56 am
Pratham wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 2:47 am
tenet trailer will drop on 10/8 8-)
Source or are you just joshing?
Just joshing but it doesn't seem far fetched to release it on this weekend.

and fyi i've written 10/8 in the sensible format, not american format :P

Someone mentioned JDWs character
opens his eyes when inspecting the second bullet hole. After watching it so many times I think his eyes are opened all the time, we just see light reflection as he takes a look at the bullet hole at the very last moment. To me that only confirms that it is really shot backwards so it started with him standing there looking at the bullet hole, then eyes straight and walking backwards.

Pratham wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:00 am
It didn't seem far fetched for it to release this past Monday either. :|

Collector03601 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:02 am
opens his eyes when inspecting the second bullet hole. After watching it so many times I think his eyes are opened all the time, we just see light reflection as he takes a look at the bullet hole at the very last moment. To me that only confirms that it is really shot backwards so it started with him standing there looking at the bullet hole, then eyes straight and walking backwards.
i noticed that as well, his eyes are open throughout.

Bacon wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:09 am
Pratham wrote:
Wasn't past Monday when 2 shootings happened in USA? Doesn't seem like a proper day to release a teaser
where a character is looking at bullet holes.

Releasing today, 8/8 for the sake of the palindrome motif. 12:21 PM.

Pratham wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:13 am
Bacon wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:09 am
Pratham wrote:
Wasn't past Monday when 2 shootings happened in USA? Doesn't seem like a proper day to release a teaser
where a character is looking at bullet holes.
No one would care about a movie teaser. There have been plenty of teasers and trailers released. A shooting would have nothing to do with it.

gropercity wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 4:32 am
No one would care about a movie teaser. There have been plenty of teasers and trailers released. A shooting would have nothing to do with it.
Whether or not people would care is not the point, it's become common practice (since 9/11 I guess) to postpone TV shows, films, even trailers if imagery or themes in them could be related to a very recent tragic event. We don't actually know why the Tenet trailer isn't online yet, we don't even know if it was supposed to be online this week in the first place. It's all speculation, and we (on the forums) are simply basing our speculations on the fact that previous Nolan trailers were released online the week after they premiered in cinemas. It didn't happen now so people here assume it must be delayed for a reason, and someone mentioned the shooting and seeing the images in the trailer it's actually a pretty solid argument.

But, as I said, we don't even know that the trailer was supposed to come out this week in the first place. Still, saying that the shootings wouldn't affect people seeing the trailer is not the point - these delays are common practice.

Maybe if it's so expensive WB wants to grab as much money as possible by forcing fans to go to theatres (I mean for other movies too)? :think:

EDIT: But this sounds more like Daddy himself would insist on something like this :lol:

Collector03601 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:02 am
That was me probably.
There is one frame where it seems that his eyes are closed, but now I'm not sure. But i want to catch up with you guys about that backward-moving theory. Why is this teaser a proof for that? Why is it more acceptable that he moves backwards? I really don't find anything unnatural about his movement, in all the other shots people are moving forward certainly. And even for this crew it is impossible to make actors do certain actions backwards. What if they need to jump? How will they do it that way? And we saw that the main(ish) characters and their vehicles are moving naturally, while the extra cars did the reversing.
There's another interesting thing. I'm quite sure that the footages between "From Christopher Nolan" and "John David Washington" and the one after that are not from the same take. When he steps for the second hole, he starts his move earlier. It can be a mistake by the teaser editor but I highly doubt that.